Can't get streamlink to work (Windows)

For the life of me, I cannot get the new streamlinks to show in my library. I've followed the instructions to a "T" on where to place the files and how to name them, and running the latest pre-release DVR and latest app versions. None of it shows in my library. Where am I going wrong?

Can you screenshot where you've put the file and what's inside it

So I am figuring out that the bottleneck is somewhere with the extension naming. I want to add the show Mr. Mayor from Hulu. I've copied the URL of the show when it plays in Hulu and paste it into a text document (.txt). I name the file 1x5 (inside the Mr. Mayor folder which is inside the TV folder which is inside the Imports folder) (E: RecordedTV/ Imports/ TV/ Mr. Mayor/ 1x5). If I leave the extension as .txt, it does show up in my library, but it doesnt link to anything. If I change the extension to .strmlnk, then the file is unrecognizable. I know I'm doing something wrong here, just dont know what.

It may be that Windows is calling the file .strmlnk.txt instead of .strmlnk?

If it really ends in .txt it wouldn't scan into your library. What does it show on the DVR web UI for the filename on the right side in gray?

Mr. Mayor\1x5.strmlnk

So I got this resolved. In Windows Explorer, I had the file extensions hidden, so when I would go to rename the file with the .strmlnk, it would still tac on the .txt unbeknownst (yes, I just used that word) to me. All is well now.

1 Like

Great! Maybe you can post a screenshot of how you told Windows not to do that, so the next person who has the same issue knows where to look.

In Windows go to File Explorer > View > Make sure File Name Extensions is checked.

3 Likes

Thanks! I was going crazy trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. This fixed it.