Can't play a program that is being recorded

I was recording a program and I was trying to watch it as it was recording and the program would not play. I selected it to play and it froze the app. Instead of using the current apple tv app, I used the non beta release and the program played correctly while it was still recording.

Well? I guess I get no help with this issue. Awesome!

There is a bug in the beta build. That's why it's a beta. You can use TestFlight to install an earlier build or switch to the main app store stable build. A new beta won't be released until Monday.

I know why it is in beta but an acknowledgment of the problem would have been great. Ignoring it and thinking I can divine what is going on or happening is not very helpful.

Even a simple non smart ass reply like. Hi, We are aware of the issue thanks for the report and we will have a fix out Monday!

1 Like

It was less than 24 hours, and you're complaining about no response? Did you also email support directly?

(Normal support responses usually have a 2–5 business day lead time for production equipment; beta support might lag behind even further. While Channels' support is more responsive than most, reality needs to be accounted for …

No response needed, but it might be best to keep expectations in line with reality.)

2 Likes

Yes, a response is needed since you wanted to chime in. Normally support here EVEN FOR A BETA is very quick and since not being able to watch a program while it is recording is very serious, in my opinion. I figured I would not be the only one and a simple acknowledgment would have put my mind at ease and other users who might have that issue.

No response is needed, but thanks for your input. I'll set my own expectations based on previous experience.

This isn’t a blocker, if you clicked around a bit you probably would have found this yourself. As a workaround to the bug, Navigate to the recordings List view and it works fine from there.

2 Likes

This was resolved in a later beta build.