Cantata Haptique RS90 smart remote πŸ‘€

some details I read here and here:

Ok so the UI which I have shared earlier in our community allows you to add infrared and Tcp/ip devices without any need of external hub.
Second we support third party integrations like Tuya, Home Assistant and smartthings where most of your smart devices are compatible.
So its up to user if they are happy with our basic functional devices or want to control everything(using third party platform)
Later we will will introduce a smart hub built in our base unit based on Pi-zero.
Also we are strongly advocating Tuya as they will be supporting Matter which supports Alexa, Homekit, Googlehome and Smartthings. Many other hubs like Hubitat and Homey will be also possible to control using their API.
So truly a universal remote.

and here:

Well for us this the idea began of having our first product which is a pain point after Logitech announce discontinuing harmony line.
When we had to assess the possibilities of making it a replacement we took the approach of improving the overall experience it had.
After extensive research and exploration, we decided to partner with manufacturer in Shenzhen. Their expertise in producing IR remotes for well-known brands like JBL, Philips, NEC, and many more convinced us that they are the perfect fit for our project. We have purchased IR database from Huilink which has most of the devices covered.
Q: Will it have an extensive device database of codes for AV equipment so I don't need to go through learning for all of them?
A: We have purchased IR database from Huilink(Shenzhen based database provider) which has most of the devices covered. We are also developing our device web portal for users to register their products and share us the device list they have so incase of any missing IR files we will create and send an update OTA. User will be able to monitor and update their remote via this webportal, for an example webportal will work like microsoft account>devices.
Q: Will it have scenes built-in so watching any source can be one-tap?
A: Oh Yes! Our Ui is basically having this functionality under macros, where user will be able to create command sequences for added devices. We will share our UI plan very soon for discussion. may be next week.
Q: Will it integrate with Home Assistant out-of-the-box?
A: Well we started this project with a different plan but realized HA is so essential to have going forward so yes we have already started the process of controlling HA from our UI from the remote. HA has well documented information to access the frontend using API, so the answer is yes.
Q: Will it be the remote itself sending the IR commands, or will/can it interface with another device/hub? Some people keep gear in a closed cabinet or closet.
A: The old school way, remote possess the IR blaster on head so just point it to device to send IRs. We have a choice of adding IR blaster in the charging dock but we are evaluating the need of it and may add RF in the dock before mass production. For the devices out of line of sight we will offer WIFI IR blaster built on smart plug just plug on any nearby socket and you are done, this plus will work on specific platform like Tuya.

Hmm. I wonder if it will deliver? I'll be keeping an eye out for Cantata. It might take a couple of years but it looks to me like it might be on the right track?

1 Like

Looks..odd…but can see what they’re going for with the way you would hold it to use the touchscreen.

Always good to see more options available though.

Really interested to see the IP capabilities.