Captcha - Sling TV

Lost the Red Zone and NFL suddenly on Sling TV. Tried re-scanning many times and it didn't work, decided to delete and re-add the service to TVE. Can't re-add it….

1. Not using VPN
  2. Successfully log in with password in both Safari and Chrome
  3. It never shows me a Captcha before showing the error in the screenshot above.
  4. I've tried restarting channels, rebooting Mac mini, changing dns to 8.8.8.8…. nothing seems to work.

Weird one. I guess all those rescan attempts kicked off some sort of verification on their side.

I'm not sure why you would be getting that password error unless your password was incorrect..

Anything to do besides wait and try again?

Not really. Their captcha doesn't even work from the looks of it

Well, time solved it -- used same credentials and it added Sling TV back in to Channels.

However, still no NFL or NFL Redzone -- I can log in to it via their streaming feed but no amount of rescanning seems to add them to Channels.

I’m on 2019.11.14.0115

What does it say next to those channels when you hit the pencil icon then click Edit at the top right?

Those channels aren’t listed when I hit the pencil.

They were there previously and I can still log in with my Sling TV credentials if I go to the NFL network site and pick the stream.

Ok, sorry, misunderstood -- here's what I see

Well, I just kept choosing "Re-scan" and suddenly its working. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Lost 22 SlingTV channels when I re-scanned the channels. I had 79 channels but now only 47 after the re-scan. The missing channels include the ESPN channels and NFL channel. My platform is a WD PR4100 with an HDHomeRun Connect Quatro. The WD PR4100 is not going through a VPN. There were no error messages and the channels are missing from DVR X-TVE. Other than trying to get the channels back with doing Re-scans, is there a fix for this issue?

What does it say for those channels when you click the Edit button? Were you having issues before you clicked Rescan All? Does clicking Rescan next to one channel change the message next to it?

The channels that are missing from my current SlingTV subscription are not listed in order to click the Edit button. I wasn't having issues but changed my subscription and re-scanned because of that. For the channels that are listed, clicking Rescan changes some channels messages and some channels message stay the same.

The channels are fluctuating when re-scanning this morning. It's listing 47, 62 and 72 channels after a re-scan and, then, dropping channels and go back down to 47 channels.

After clicking the pencil icon you need to hit the Edit button at the top right. That list is the entire list of available TVE channels available in Channels DVR.

It states that the channel is either notAuthorized, login not supported, or unavailable in current location. The message doesn't change after a Re-scan. I think the channels are back now. At least my favorites channels are back. I can't specifically identify which channels are missing until I can access my SlingTV account. For some reason, I haven't been able to access it today. I'll verify the channels when I can access the account.

I still can't understand why the channels became unavailable when my SlingTV account subscription hasn't change.

I'm running into a similar issue.

Trying to add new Sling service. Kept failing authentication despite both username and password definitely being correct. Now I'm getting the captcha.

Any workaround?

No suggestions?

Sling pricing is so much more attractive than Hulu that I'd really like to check if their TVE support has improved to the point where it's usable.

Your account is in a locked state, so you have to wait for a while and try again. Your user/pass must have been wrong if this happened.

You can try opening Chrome incognito window, go to nbc.com/live and login with sling to see if it works there.

Thanks! Again!

It seems it was unhappy with some non-standard characters in the password. It worked in the browser, but for some reason not in Channels. Modifying the password did the trick. :slight_smile:

Can you email [email protected] with the characters that caused a problem?