Casting Remote Content

I have Channels TV Everywhere at both primary and vacation homes. With NFL season upon us I would love to be able to Cast my remote TV channels from the other home. I can pull the show up on my pixel phone but I don't see away to cast the signal to my Google tv or Nvidia players. Does anyone have a solution to cast the show when remote? Is there away to see the remote OTA channels at my other home?

Channels doesn’t support casting.

Why don’t you just set up a streaming device at your second home?

Maybe you’re not aware, but all the Channels app work with Remote DVR, it’s not just something for mobile devices.

Just install a Channels app on something and connect remotely like you did with your mobile device.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. I was not aware that I could directly connect to the remote DVR. I have nvidea and google tv devices at both homes with separate Synology NAS's at each home. Will I be able to still have a local channels DVR for recording while also having access to the and remote DVR from the other house?

You can, but you will need to switch between them manually.

Most of our fans just run a single dvr at their primary home, and use it remotely at their secondary home. With good upstream internet bandwidth it works great.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.