CBS TV Everywhere

@tmm1 I'm able to login to the site, but CBS does not show up in my TVE list. Running this mornings latest build and tried a re-scan already

I can't do anything without diagnostics.

995c701c-2521-4a91-ae96-be3ad7cd05a3

Are you using PiHole?

I am but I didn't see anything getting blocked. I'm also able to stream from a browser. The channel doesn't show up in the TVE list, so I wonder if it's related to Geolocation?

Looks like you need to unblock geolocation.onetrust.com

1 Like

That did the trick! Thanks :+1:

I'm getting duplicate TVE channels on Xfinity TVE and missing local Fox TVE channel. I think I used to get local Fox TVE at Minneapolis, MN area. I'm running on version 2020.09.24.1908.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Channel 6004 CBS / PBS showing up twice

If you have an actual "CBS all access" account but no provider account, can you still access via TVE?

No.

1 Like

CBS is not showing up in my TVE channel list. I can view it on the Spectrum App and also by logging into the Spectrum Web site. I am running version 2021.02.26.1558 on a Synology The Log is 303fb9e9-8bbe-432d-a8b9-5db0c60db01d

Have you tried via CBS' website? TV Everywhere is different than Spectrum.

If I log into the CBS website I get "Your TV provider is not yet supported in your location."
I don't understand since the Spectrum App is a streaming app, how is it different than channels?

TV Everywhere support is a separate carriage agreement your cable/streaming provider has with the networks, on top of the ability of your provider to have the channel on their own service.

Think of it like if you do your banking with a credit union: by default, you can only use your CU's own ATMs. However, to add extra utility to the CU members, they often make agreements with other banks/finance networks to get access to their ATMs, too.

Also, local CBS stations fall into 2 categories: network-owned stations, and affiliates. In the first case, your local CBS channel is actually owned and run by ViacomCBS. In the second type, it is an independent TV station that has an agreement with CBS to carry their programming. TV Everywhere access is sometimes hit-or-miss if your local CBS is of the second type.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. I guess my best (only) alternative is to use locast. Correct?

If you want CBS, but cannot get it from your provider via TVE, then you need to use either an antenna with a HDHomeRun tuner, or if it's available in your DMA, Locast.

Thanks for the help. I'll check out Locast.

CBS, in general, does not want to give you access via TVE, because they want you to pay for a CBS All Access subscription. Locast is easy if you are in the right area, but they are only 720P resolution.

1 Like

Paramount+ now
Good luck getting support $$$