CBS TVE Not Showing

This depends on your CBS affiliate, not the provider. I'm guessing your CBS local affiliate isn't owned and operated by CBS, but by a 3rd party (TEGNA, Nexstar, etc). They need to agree to this for availability.

For example - i have Spectrum, and CBS TVE is available, assumingly because my local affiliate is owned by CBS (WCBS)

What mine says. Again Spectrum. Nashville, TN DMA

"TVE] action=cbs_station data={"success":true,"message":"AA_ONLY"}
[TVE] action=cbs_station err=unavailable in location"

...owned by Scripps. Their fault for not enabling.

(Not sure if I should post here or start a new thread.)

Previously we were receiving our local CBS TVE feed (for months w/o issue). We were able to watch & record it. Then a lil' over a month ago it disappeared; but b4 I had time to fully troubleshoot, it reappeared (seemingly on its own? Not sure what fixed it?).

But alas it (our local CBS TVE Ch.) disappeared again (approx. 10 days ago); & I've tried all the basics that I can think of:

1. Went to https://www.cbs.com/live-tv/stream/tveverywhere/ with Chrome (in Incognito mode) & was able to watch the Live Feed of our Local CBS Station.

2. Made sure our 'Local Networks via TV Everywhere' was still check-marked.

3. Checked to make sure our (Ch's) DVR_Server was 'Up to date'.

4. 'Rescan(ned) Channels' on our TV Everywhere Source.

(On a side note) we are able to receive all our other Local TVE feeds (NBC, ABC, PBS, w/ the exception of FOX which we've never been able to receive, & I don't think it's available).

Any suggestions?

Submit diagnostics and email support

Thanks, sent Diagnostics (& emailed Support) :slightly_smiling_face:

I updated to Preview 2021.08.01.2349 and CBS disappeared from my lineup (COX). It works at the link above and elsewhere and was working this morning before I did the upgrade.

Submitted Diagnostic: 4280e21c-99e9-45ac-b36b-c28c3706c3ea

EDIT: CBS came back later for... reasons?

OK, this one is weirder. Upgraded to Preview 2021.09.03.0040 and CBS disappeared again. Ran a rescan and it was back, but it is no longer mapped.

I have tried channel and full rescans, stopping and starting the server, reloading channel logos, deleting and rebuilding the guide database, unfavoring/favoring again, and about anything else I could think of short of deleting COX as a source.

FYI, the channel works. I can tune to it get the correct programming; it is just missing its mapping to the right channel.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but can you click the edit button and manually map it to your CBS affiliate??

TVE sources do not allow for changing the guide mapping.

1 Like

Send some diagnostics

Did a scan and immediately submitted a diagnostic afterward: 385d787a-453d-47f5-b4c7-6044554d74be

Yeah, @Macnbaish, I was thinking like you but only realized last month that there is no way to edit mapping for TVE channels (at least in the front end, been reading up some crazy backend hacks that I'd rather not do)!

Fixed in latest prerelease

1 Like

Thanks, can confirm everything is working in 2021.09.04.1745

Same problem as babsonnexus. CBS TVE Guide data missing. Channel will tune but blank mapping to the right. Sent diagnostics f71132d5-cf03-4e38-8d77-829b15ac1ebb

What's the callsign?

WNCN or WNCNDT

You need to update to prerelease

Fixed it!!!! Thank you!!!!!