Change Theme\Color Scheme

That looks great!
I'm having trouble getting this background changed. On my phone, it changed, but not on my Shield. Just have to keep breaking things until I know how it works.

u mean black background with blue highlight when u move selection? so that it matches the rest of app.
for the quick quide?
or are u changing the purple to blue??

I like how Emby does while playing gui, as it is faded transparent black thing.
It could also be full transparent an over lay, so that it looks like its is hovering over it, but a slight fading background effect does help when reading the info text though.

I found there are multiple files that need to be edited to update the colors across the app. Not everything references back to colors.xml and some are hardcoded

This is how the quick guide is looking now

2 Likes

This is awesome! I’m jealous that I can’t have this on my Apple TV’s.

Well done sir! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Edit: moved to the Hacks section since it fits better there

4 Likes

Different user also make a dark themed app...nice.
This one is a bit lighter "dark" grey than @AtoZ0to9 version, (which is actually black themed.)
The guide boxes are also grey when not selected.
But i really like the live tv gui quick guide and nav bottom bar. transparent.
very slick looking!

Now this is what Channels DVR should look like!

Both are really good. but, unless they are planning on modding each new app version as they come out....i assume this is a one off thing?

Here are screen shots for any one wondering.

@AtoZ0to9 black version

@tobycth3 Dark version

4 Likes

I'm working on a more refined version with some help from tobycth3, thanks

3 Likes

cool. i can update my screen shots once that is done then.

I really like this one. Love the transparencies.

2 Likes

It's certainly not a competition. Just happy to see a color other than purple and words you can actually read!

3 Likes

You may find using screencap with adb to be much easier.

adb exec-out screencap -p > screen.png

not really. dont have adb setup or in use on my shield. already have the capture box there.

dont think the Android TV os has a built in screenshot feature like my Pixel phone does.

Shield has a built in screen capture, but you need to turn the feature on.

1 Like

O! so that is what NVIDIA Share was for.
I had disabled all the bloat apps and Nvidia things i could on my shield...
Re-enabled that.
Sweet!
that sure is easy to use
Thanks!

1 Like

I assume that, since this is a modded app, that it means it would be considered "unsupported" by the official devs as far as if any functional issues/bugs/crashes should come up. Even though, far as i have read, the only things being modded are certain theme color values?

So its, "use at your own risk" kinda thing.

THis maybe could be tagged under Hacks or Playground on the form.

I think all this will get overridden with a new release.

Only if you install an update over it.

On the Shield anyways, if u install the Channels Beta app via the option inside the app, it is side loading it, and side loaded app are not auto updated or managed by the Google Play Store app update thing. You have to update manualy.

I use the beta was just testing it out .. I rather use the latest beta ... like to keep up with latest changes.

1 Like