Change Theme\Color Scheme

eh? The alpha is an official version of the app...just not the most recent.

1 Like

I'm working on the beta.

Ok, here it is. This one is way better than the last, I'm really enjoying it.

4 Likes

Hello! Due to an issue with the app installing on my Firestick, I have rebuilt it once again in Linux. F Windows.

Tested on:
nVidia Shield Pro 2019
OnePlus 5t
Firestick non-4k

3 Likes

You are going to need to change the package name or whatever its identity value is of the .apk, as this will not install if you already have the non modded channels app beta installed. The installer thinks its the same app and tries to update but fails.

The alpha, since it was a separate named app from the beta version, it installed fine as a second app to use.

So u actually need to rename the app it slef when u build it, not just change the filename of the apk. that was also the case when i messed around with this using a app clonner software that could modify said app.

1 Like

Looks really good so far. I freaking LOVE this!

THe only thing so far is that the quick guide banner and the bottom bar for the seek/progress is still light purple color. (the GUI elements that show during live play back)

Why the heck the devs have not made this dark version a thing...is beyond me.
Other then, past communications indicated they were very very much dedicated to only sticking with the purple as that was already decided and set in stone their "brand/product image" and will never change it.

I've gotten the now playing and quick guide fixed to blue, and am now working on what the box looks like when you click a future program. Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm still working on it, but am near finished I think. One color value is eluding me, hunting for it right now.

1 Like

What I should have been doing this whole time is keeping track of what changes what in color.xml. This has all been on the fly.

I was doing this as well. I modified the apk to have a Windows Media Center color/feel but stopped once they released the re-design. I'd be happy to share my color scheme or some suggestions if you would like.

2 Likes

That looks great!
I'm having trouble getting this background changed. On my phone, it changed, but not on my Shield. Just have to keep breaking things until I know how it works.

u mean black background with blue highlight when u move selection? so that it matches the rest of app.
for the quick quide?
or are u changing the purple to blue??

I like how Emby does while playing gui, as it is faded transparent black thing.
It could also be full transparent an over lay, so that it looks like its is hovering over it, but a slight fading background effect does help when reading the info text though.

I found there are multiple files that need to be edited to update the colors across the app. Not everything references back to colors.xml and some are hardcoded

This is how the quick guide is looking now

2 Likes

This is awesome! I’m jealous that I can’t have this on my Apple TV’s.

Well done sir! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Edit: moved to the Hacks section since it fits better there

4 Likes

Different user also make a dark themed app...nice.
This one is a bit lighter "dark" grey than @AtoZ0to9 version, (which is actually black themed.)
The guide boxes are also grey when not selected.
But i really like the live tv gui quick guide and nav bottom bar. transparent.
very slick looking!

Now this is what Channels DVR should look like!

Both are really good. but, unless they are planning on modding each new app version as they come out....i assume this is a one off thing?

Here are screen shots for any one wondering.

@AtoZ0to9 black version

@tobycth3 Dark version

4 Likes

I'm working on a more refined version with some help from tobycth3, thanks

3 Likes

cool. i can update my screen shots once that is done then.

I really like this one. Love the transparencies.

2 Likes