Channel Airing Misaligned with Start Times

Hi,

I am seeing an issue where the airings are misaligned with start times. This probably has something to do with a double entry in the EPG XML and/or having one of the two airing with the same start/stop time. Maybe omit guide data if programme START <= programme STOP?

This example is NOT from your EPG data, but it does happen with my HDHR channels where the EPG data is coming from you. I assume most EPG data has a common source.

This causes two issues:

1. Can't tune to the channel (by pressing ok/select)
  2. Causes the itemSelection to jump around while scrolling past the airing (e.g. it changes the start-time selection variable to the STOP time)

SS:

EPG Data:

<programme start="20210204233000 +0100" stop="20210204233000 +0100" channel="FX.us">
    <title lang="en">Terminator Genisys</title>
    <desc lang="en">This thrilling reboot to the classic series begins when Kyle Reese is again sent back to 1984 to protect Sarah Connor from a Terminator. But when he arrives in the past, he finds himself in an alternate timeline in which Sarah is now a skilled warrior, protected since childhood by a T-100 Terminator. The three must work together to reset the future and win the war against Skynet</desc>
    <date>2015</date>
    <category lang="en">Suspense</category>
    <category lang="en">Action &amp; Adventure</category>
    <category lang="en">Science Fiction</category>
    <icon src="<REMOVED>"/>
    <rating system="MPAA">
      <value>TV-MA</value>
    </rating>
  </programme>

<programme start="20210204233000 +0100" stop="20210205020000 +0100" channel="FX.us">
<title lang="en">Terminator Genisys</title>
<desc lang="en">This thrilling reboot to the classic series begins when Kyle Reese is again sent back to 1984 to protect Sarah Connor from a Terminator. But when he arrives in the past, he finds himself in an alternate timeline in which Sarah is now a skilled warrior, protected since childhood by a T-100 Terminator. The three must work together to reset the future and win the war against Skynet</desc>
<date>2015</date>
<category lang="en">Suspense</category>
<category lang="en">Action &amp; Adventure</category>
<category lang="en">Science Fiction</category>
<icon src="<REMOVED>"/>
<rating system="MPAA">
  <value>TV-MA</value>
</rating>
  </programme>

EDIT: Added Blockquotes to XML Code / Updated Caused Issue #2

Is the time zone set correctly on the server? The guide data is all stored in UTC natively, and time adjustments are handled both at the server, and at the client.

Time zone is correct. This only happens with 1% of the program listings.

I'm very confused. Are start= and stop= exactly the same in the first entry?

You are seeing it how I am seeing it.

If you remove those nonsense entries from the xmltv file, does it fix the problem?

I have a hunch that it will. I can try tonight if you would like. I can reproduce this with your EPG data as well. I haven't tried accessing your XML directly.

Our EPG does not use XMLTV and does not have zero-length airings. If you're seeing something similar it's due to a different root cause.

I should have said that I can reproduce the behavior in the guide with your native guide data. Are you positive there are no zero length airings?

Also, those times are UTC +0100.
programme start="20210204233000 +0100" stop="20210205020000 +0100"
That's 10:30PM to 01:00AM UTC, so unless your time zone is UTC -1100 or UTC +1300, not sure why it displays Today 11:30AM.

You are right. I think I saw the zero-length airing and jumped the gun, however it's still a major clue.

Here are all the airing starting with the correct airing.

Correct:
>     <programme start="20210204233000 +0100" stop="20210204233000 +0100" channel="FX.us">
>     <title lang="en">Terminator Genisys</title>
>     <desc lang="en">This thrilling reboot to the classic series begins when Kyle Reese is again sent back to 1984 to protect Sarah Connor from a Terminator. But when he arrives in the past, he finds himself in an alternate timeline in which Sarah is now a skilled warrior, protected since childhood by a T-100 Terminator. The three must work together to reset the future and win the war against Skynet</desc>
>     <date>2015</date>
>     <category lang="en">Suspense</category>
>     <category lang="en">Action &amp; Adventure</category>
>     <category lang="en">Science Fiction</category>
>     <icon src=""/>
>     <rating system="MPAA">
>       <value>TV-MA</value>
>     </rating>
>   </programme>

Zero-Length:
> <programme start="20210204233000 +0100" stop="20210204233000 +0100" channel="FX.us">
>     <desc lang="en">This thrilling reboot to the classic series begins when Kyle Reese is again sent back to 1984 to protect Sarah Connor from a Terminator. But when he arrives in the past, he finds himself in an alternate timeline in which Sarah is now a skilled warrior, protected since childhood by a T-100 Terminator. The three must work together to reset the future and win the war against Skynet</desc>
>     <date>2015</date>
>     <icon src="">
>     </rating>
>   </programme>

Other:
> <programme start="20210204233000 +0100" stop="20210205020000 +0100" channel="FX.us">
>     <date>2015</date>
>     <icon src=">
>     </rating>
>   </programme>

That are all the airings for the program contained the the epg data.

Edits: LoL, A lot. It was a struggle

This is not valid according to the xmltv spec.. weird they're mixing date formats in the same file?

At a certain point it's just garbage in garbage out.

Woops. I created that garbage while troubleshooting.

I fixed it in the post above.

<programme start="20210204233000 +0100" stop="20210204233000 +0100" channel="FX.us">