Channel is showing no logo in the guide

Station ID: 34773 Channel: 38.1 KMCI-TV (CallSign: KSMODT… actually KMCIDT), Kansas City, MO Device: HDHomeRun, lineup USA-OTA66083

Hi — this channel is showing no logo in the guide (full EPG data present, just no station art). Logo attached (2000×1226 PNG). Thanks!

As far as I know, the station needs to submit their logo to gracenote to get it listed with them
Screenshot 2026-09-30 at 17-46-27 TV Listings- Find Local TV Listings and Watch Full Episodes
so that it appears in Channels DVR guide data.

You can try asking SiliconDust https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=127

I’m in the KC area as well. Years ago I reported this to Silicon Dust and they said to contact the station to add their logo to Gracenote. I emailed the station and never heard back from them.

What I do to fill the gap is to create a custom source for 38.1 with the following text.

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="38.1" tvg-id="38.1" tvg-chno="38.1" tvg-logo="https://ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com/f1/8a/78781d374f80b7615180dfe05d7b/thespot-kansas-city-38-cobalt-no-ew.png" tvc-guide-stationid="34773" tvg-name="KMCIDT" group-title="HD",KMCI
http://192.168.1.181:5004/auto/v38.1 

Replace 192.168.1.181 with the ip of your Hdhomerun. Then in the hdhr source settings select manage lineup and void out 38.1 channel with the red circle with slash. This will remove the the missing logo and allow your new custom channel source with the logo to take its place in the guide. Make sure you choose prefer logos from the m3u in the bottom options.

Edit: changed the old logo I had for their new logo

1 Like

Thanks, this was very helpful, I have it working now.

It looks like the SD version of the station at least has a logo (although quite a dated one)...

... so you could also switch your mapping to that, assuming the guide data is the same (I didn't confirm).

FYI, what I'm showing is the Gracenote Search function in Media Tools Manager (a Streaming Library Manager for Channels extension). One of the other extensions, Playlist Manager, can also be used to easily manage custom logos. It's what I do for all my locals because I live between a couple of markets and have multiple things like ABC, NBC, CBS, etc... and the generic logos don't make it clear what I'm looking at.