Channel not subscribed or 404 error

On 6.26.1619 I’m consistently getting channel not approved or 404 errors when going to TVE channels (specifically CNN and Food Network). If I use the iPhone app or browser, it works fine, but my appleTV does open the Station.

Please go to Help -> Submit Diagnostic Logs from the web interface of the DVR and let us know when it's been submitted so we can have a better idea of what was going on.

I submitted logs from the Apple TV and the web dvr page. It seems to correct itself when I restart the Apple TV. It’s happened several times.

Please check that you have disabled auto-authentication on the xfinity account that provides your internet.

I have, it always has been. this is a new issue.

But, i checked the login i used, at it appears xfinity disabled it for some reason. So i used my regular log in, but when I tried to scan channels for that login, it doesn't find most of my channels (they are all out of subscription). but If I log into cnn.com and watch TV there on the web, using the same log in, it works on cnn.com but channels can't find it.

Your logs show that auto authentication is being used with your internet account which doesn't have a cable subscription

I don't see an option on xfinity to change away from auto-authentication. And, I've never had to worry about it before. Did Xfinity change something, or am I the only one having the problem? I tried created a new account as well, same issue.

Edit: I found a place to turn auto-auth on, but it's not turned on.

Are you logged into the correct account?

If you go to nbc.com/live in chrome incognito and click Xfinity, does it show a login form?

The NBC site tells me to download the nbc all (on phone now), but there is a link to sign in. This is what the abc live site shows.

Please try in chrome incognito on the Mac running your dvr

it asks me to log in. Does the same thing in regular chrome. Here is the icognito screenshot

Click Xfinity does it show a login form asking for your login

yes, when I click on Xfinity, this window comes up.

Any idea on what I can try next? I talked to xfinity, but they say it’s working fine, since I can log in via the TVE websites.

Can you please try to rescan CNN and then submit diagnostics again? Hopefully we'll be able to get more detail by having that be the last channel you scan or try to watch before submitting the diagnostics.

I just submitted the diagnostics. Suddenly a bunch of the ones that weren't working before are now working. CNN wasn't authroized. It failed once, and I click it again, and it connected. You should see both of those in the log. it's the last thing I did.

Is there a channel that you expect to get but is currently not working? If so, could you find that channel and specifically click the rescan button next to that channel and submit diagnostics again?

They are all working today. They didn’t work for the past couple of days. CNN at first didn’t authenticate, but now it just suddenly started working. Can’t say how many times I tired to rescan over the weekend and it kept getting non-auth mesages

Okay. The next time it happens could you just rescan one channel and submit diagnostics? It'll make sure we get the right info and hopefully track down what's going on.

If it happens again, for sure. I hope it never happens again! For a bit, Comcast was having issues as well. But their customer support just isn’t good.