Channel Request - AT&T SportsNet

Would it be possible to add AT&T SportsNet? It appears they already support TVE on their website. There are three separate SportsNet channels: Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountains, and Southwest. I'm particularly interested in the Pittsburgh station but I'm sure others would appreciate the other two.

Not compatible

Disappointing to hear but I appreciate you checking nonetheless. Thank you!

2 Likes

Is this still the case?

I think the issue is they require to know your location. These sites won't work if your not in their region.

I'm perplexed as to why you post here after 10 months :rofl::joy:
Anyways looks like the channels are gonna go away soon (or be rebranded) but when their TVE is set up, it should be easy to pipe it in with CC4C or HDMI/ah4c

Well AT&T Sportsnet Pittsburgh is now Sportsnet Pittsburgh and they still have TVE. I was trying to figure out how to set it up today in Channels but no luck!

Yeah..you may to use DTV or Fubo app (or whatever tv provider app/site) for that.

Perhaps a glimmer of home in the future. Sporstnet Pittsburgh is now a sister channel to NESN under FSG, and NESN has always supported TVE. Maybe a new app and a new TVE feed?

There's also a new regional sports network in Houston called Space City Home Network (rebranded from AT&T sports Southwest). I was hoping channels DVR can check whether the new channel is compatible with TV everywhere.

What is stopping you from going to their website and checking whether you can use your TV provider credentials to login and view live content? If you cannot achieve that initial milestone, it seems pointless to request additional features that cannot be implemented.

1 Like

I did check this and maybe it is wishful thinking that it could still be implemented without ability to view with TV provider credentials. The TV Everywhere page says the following:

• Unavailable: This network channel does not allow your provider login for authentication on their website. This usually means there is no TV Everywhere agreement between your provider and the channel.

The operative word here is "usually". Which means there could be some off chance that it could still be possible.

you still wouldn't be able to access things like penguins or pirates games if you are out of their designated areas. That's why the leagues sell those out of market packages