Channel search by name

Hey, just installed the channels for ios app, and i don’t see any search function for channel names. Not sure, but i believe since i’m not from US i only get channels splitted by HD/SD/All and being ordered by channel number, so looking up a channel name in 200 boxes feels somewhat of a heavy task each time. I know i can favorite channels but i’d like to be able to quickly jump to a channel by name

Reviving this old ask. It would be nice to be able to search for the channel name in the iOS/iPad app. I have a lot of channels in the guide and being able to just search for the channel I want to watch vs scrolling through the list to find it would be a time saver.

2 Likes

+1 on this feature ask. I'm always wondering if I have a specific channel in sources, including custom sources. It would be great to be able to bring up the web UI and do a quick keyword search on channel names. Currently I have to open up each source and scroll through the long channel list. That takes forever :wink:

I am shocked this simple search feature is not available!

I have a big list of channels via HD Home Run Flex 4K OTA and Verizon FIOS via TVE, and cannot possibly remember the channel numbers on Channels of them all

You may not be able to search the channel names, but you can set your guide to sort by channel name. That will allow you to navigate by name instead of number.

1 Like

I noticed that. But really not the same thing. Again, the list is very long. A lot of scrolling. I appreciate your time chiming in though

What client are you referring to and how exactly do you hope to be able to search by name?

Apple TV and iPad OS.

On Guide. Having a search function to start typing by channel name. So that channel name comes up. Similar to what TiVo has

This may make sense on iOS, but there's no way to do so on tvOS.

Our preferred solution here is for users to organize their channels into favorites or collections.