Search channels

I would like to see an option to search channels. Scrolling through 500 channels isn’t the best option…

Yeah, like in TiVo's iOS app. Not sure why this cannot work here.

1 Like

+1 feature request

Best solution i have so far for lots of channels I found is to use channels collections.

I put my channels into categories
*entertainment
*kids / family
*music
*news
Etc.

Then next step is widdle down the # of channels.
I blocked all shopping channels, regional channels not relevant. Channels that only play 1 show 24/7. Channels that play crap etc.

Makes it easier to channel surf

There's no immediate plans to add any sort of search UI for the channel guide. For a TV interface with a remote as input, this just would not be a good experience at all.

As mentioned above, we think we've created better solutions for managing long lineups with Channel Collections. With just a little bit of investment of time, you can ensure your favorite channels are within reach.

I completely disagree. Where is the remote on the iOS interface? I hate to manually create lists and this will also not save me from scrolling huge lists. Even on tv, im using a logitech harmony hub with keyboard, so i can easily search. Why forcing the user to scroll huge lists, when there is a really easy way to simply search? I don’t get the point what should be easier on wasting time with that old school scrolling compared with a simple search?

2 Likes

I also disagree. As previously mentioned from another poster, searching for specific channels comes very handy in my iPad or iPhone. See this picture - how easy to do it with my TiVo iOS app:

1 Like

Again I'd love channel searching. However with devs only having 3 ppl and a list 1 mile long on feature request. Not sure how high on priority list this would be.

I have over 1000 stations. Trust me I feel pain. Right now yalls best solution is channels collection. Most ppl only care about a handful of stations.

You can group your channels however u like.by user, by catagory etc.

How I would like to see channel search is to integrate it with the existing search feature. Which I already love

1 Like

I agree. This is a big issue now that there are a ton of streaming services you can enter. It would be awesome to search by channel name, but by channel number is a must at this point, and it really shouldn't be so hard to add add the field into the search criteria.

I can't tell you how many times ChannelsDVR has frozen and crashed trying to scroll through over 1000 channels. Happens more often than not now.

1 Like

I disagree. This is a big issue now that there are a ton of streaming services you can enter. It would be awesome to search by channel name, but by channel number is a must at this point, and it really shouldn't be so hard to add add the field into the search criteria.

I can't tell you how many times ChannelsDVR has frozen and crashed trying to scroll through over 1000 channels. Happens more often than not now.

1 Like