Channel Selection for Season Pass

Provide a dropdown or autocomplete for the optional Channel Number for creating a season pass. You could populate it with any channels that have an episode of the show upcoming in the current guide data.

To allow multiple channels, it could use the same multi-tag control as collections.

This is possible on the web UI using the advanced pass editor.

In the advanced pass editor, it is still a plain text field with no hinting except to tell you if the channel number you entered has any airings. I am talking about using autocomplete on channel name/number or a dropdown with channel name and number for any channels with upcoming airings. You have all of the data there, you just need to change that text box into a more user-friendly control. Again, think of the "Pick a channel..." control for Collections where you can enter a number of part of the channel name to see a list.

I see, thanks for clarifying.

That would be a nice feature as long as it doesn't limit you to only channels with upcoming airings.
I sometimes create passes for things that aren't in the guide yet.

2 Likes

Just to add, this functionality would be very beneficial in the apps as well (iOS, tvOS - not sure if it’s in Android already?). Personally I prefer to browse and setup passes in the apps rather than web interface. At the very least, add free form text box to season pass on the apps so we can type the channel number

and is a good time to bring up that CONTAINS does not work in advanced passes anymore for my OTA channels. For example, if there is a show that might be on 22.1 or 22.2, a "channel CONTAINS 22" picks up neither channel.