Channels 4.0 Beta

BUG: Sometimes when watching a recorded program, if I pause and FF ahead by 20-30 minutes it will just spin and never resume. If I back out and select the program again, it will resume at the correct point in the show, just not when initially FF to that point.

What do you have your Quality setting set to? Can you Submit Diagnostic Logs the next time this happens so we can see what went wrong?

Quality is set to original. It’s all wired Ethernet running off an Alienware Alpha PC with the recordings stored on a Drobo 5C. Average speed over LAN from the Drobo is 450 Mbps.

I’ll recreate it this evening and submit the logs. Thanks for the help.

One thing I see a lot now is when I play a program, the overlay stays up until I click the remote to make it go away instead of disappearing after several seconds.

Agreed. I just want it to open direct to the "More" or "All" menu. I go hunting to see what was recorded in the past week and can't find it. It's hidden under "More"

I've just released a new build:

• Improved: Local DVR and HDHR discovery handles manually input hostnames more robustly

This should not have much impact for most people, but for people who have used hostnames instead of IP addresses for manually connecting to a DVR it may improve issues that they have run into.

1 Like

More button display issues.

Thanks. That’s an old one. That whole view is going to be :fire:d

2 Likes

I just saw the new testflight app come out and read through the notes, and it said to make sure I"m on the latest pre-release server update. Where can I get the pre-release for the server? I'm running on 2020.02.26.0338 so if there have been updates that go along with the Channels Beta, i'm probably behind.

It's probably right here in front of me somewhere, but I can't see where to get the latest pre-release server update.

Okay, i had already clicked the 'check for update', and it said it was up to date. I then ran the curl command I found, and it said 'true', went back into the config page and it said 'waiting to update', so I then told it to update. I guess I didn't wait long enough.

Press-and-hold to change for checking for updates on the pre-release channel.

Bug Alert!: I just tried several times to click on the preview of a station from the Top Shelf on the Apple TV home screen. The Channels App would open and tune to the station but the guide was blocking the picture, I could only hear the audio. Once I force close the app and selected the channel from the guide it would work properly. If I backed out to the Apple TV home screen and clicked on the show again from the top shelf, same thing - guide is blocking the picture and only audio is heard.

Known bug. Thanks!

How do I get a testflight invite? I'm on IOS and TVOS.

2 Likes

New build is out.

• New: Search tab for iOS including suggested content.
  • Improved: DVR and Settings sections combined along with new Channels connection button.
  • Improved: More buttons have icons indicating what they do. Finally!
  • Fixed: Video player was hidden when launching the app via the Top Shelf producing only audio.
4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Imports?

After installing this beta my Recordings Category in the public release app is populated with “New Movies”. None of my passes or DVR settings show up there. Even after deleting the Beta and test Flight Apps from iOS and TVOS. How do I get that menu back?

New build out:

• Improved: Updated title on the Connect to Channels button
  • Fixed: Custom ports work again while connecting to Channels DVR Server
1 Like

Could you be more clear on what the problem is?