Channels 4.0 Beta

With Enhanced Library turned off on iPad, any tap on "More" or "TV Shows" causes this latest build to crash (I submitted the reports when prompted). If I turn Enhanced Library back on, it doesn't crash and works as before.

1 Like

Apple TV crashes when going to settings. iOS crashes as well.

1 Like

And a lite UI bug as well for ya!

New build coming up to fix the crasher :crazy_face:

Submitted emails from app on iOS. Nearly ever option you select crashes the app. Settings, TV Shows, etc.

Yeah it’s all a simple song le but effecting everything. Nbd.

1 Like

Ok fixed build is out.

1 Like

That pesky UI bug persists.

This is AWESOME!!!! Thank you!!! I love the toggle for the simple view. My wife loves it too! Recorded TV and Movies are perfect to dive right into.

Very easy for someone who isn’t familiar with Channels to pick it up and use it. I tested this with my neighbor, who has never used an Apple TV or Channels and they loved it.

2 Likes

All that was fixed was the crasher since you posted that. It was only a couple mins :sweat_smile:

Please let me know what device you’re seeing this on.

2 Likes

Hah!

iPhone XS, iOS 13.4.

Love the updates and thank you so much for this program!! Many many thanks.

1 Like

Why is the recording line showing on a future recording that hasn’t happened yet??

Well, clearly this is some kind of presentation bug in a brand new feature. Do you have any more information to add to this to help deduce the issue?

Edit: I was able to reproduce it, it’s something simple and should be resolved in the next build.

1 Like

The “Recently Aired Episodes” and the “Recently Added Episodes” under the TV Shows Enhanced library view are exactly the same content. Doesn’t make sense to include the “added” one since we can’t add additional tv shows to our library.

They’re going to be if all you have is recordings, yeah. When we have imported tv shows, they might not be.

I’m still not sure they’re useful. I’m still brainstorming on what would make the shows library view more useful. Ideally this is the view that lets you get to stuff you are probably interested in fastest, hence Favorite shows being at the top.

1 Like

iOS: Something I keep forgetting to mention is that starting with 3.18.146, I am constantly getting the Welcome to Channels screen for about 3-5 seconds before I see my library. I've worked my way back in older builds, and those prior to 3.18.146 do not have this issue. Perhaps this is already a known bug. If so, hope it gets resolved soon.

Question for the DEVs... Any timeline when you may release the 4.0 beta to android devices? Will that only happen once Apple is out of Beta? You don't owe me an answer, but just getting a bit jealous of all this nice features :).

I mentioned it at the top of this thread. Once 4.0 is out for iOS/tvOS, we’ll start porting the features over.

Our apps are developed natively for each platform. We don’t use any kind of cross platform tools. So it’s not a matter of “releasing the 4.0 beta for android”. All of the changes will need to be developed for android independently.

Thank you, I must have missed that at the top. I apologize for my lack of proper vernacular, I wasn't trying to suggest an android version would be as simple as pushing a release button. I appreciate the detailed explanation, keep up the great work.

1 Like