Channels 4.0 Beta

Is this the DVR version number in the settings?

Not sure what you mean. The DVR server version numbers look different and you can see them in the web interface (as of this writing the latest appears to be 2020.06.18.0205). You can also see the iOS app versions in TestFlight.

Its in the app, Settings > About

6.15.2039. I updated to this a few days ago. I think the first crash may have been the build just before that.

Another upvote for moving the "favorites" settings to the sidebar. To be fair, I wasn't very awake, but spent several minutes this morning wondering where all my channels went because I accidentally changed from Favorites to Movies. :slight_smile:

I never watch any channels but the ones I set up in Favorites.

1 Like

Can I get a re-invite to TestFlight. Doesn't show any versions out there when I go check...

I have mentioned this before in another thread but I will repeat here.

I was testing the BETA version this weekend and like the new features. However, in the settings you can "manually" enter the ipaddress (or dns I assume) of the AT HOME (or remote) DVR and hit the "SAVE" button. However, it is not really SAVED. Every time you want to change DVR's you have to do the same "enter the ipaddress". Why is this the case? Can you not actually SAVE the DVR information so that I can easily just switch between DVR (prefer on another menu as well). Not being able to have multiple users (separate favorites and DVR Shows / Storage) I have to have multiple DVR's running. So would be nice to have an easy way to switch between them.

I had this many many years ago when using the Verizon FIOS Whole Home DVR. Really easy to switch between DVR's on every device.

Does save work on the non-beta

Not sure what you mean. I believe if you enter a DVR IPADDRESS and SAVE it you will continue to use that DVR until you do it again to change back to the previous DVR. But each time you have to enter the IPADDRESS (or DNS) which on the siri remote it takes a bit of time. Also, in the BETA is does show which DVR IPADDRESS you are connected too but not sure it shows that in the non-beta but not sure. When I had a problem with my primary DVR I was able to use the beta version to see that it had switch to the other DVR.

I think the point is if you have multiple DVR's (because of no multi-user support) it is very cumbersome to remember/enter every time you want to change DVR Focus. I only do it when I have a problem.

My point is that if you have a season pass on 1 DVR but not on the other and if in the MENU you could easily switch between DVR's you would use it more often.

But, again, if there was some sort of multi-user support then having multiple DVR's would not be necessary.

I can't tell if you're reporting a bug which is present only in the beta or asking for a new feature unrelated to changes in the beta.

Sorry. I thought is was clear. I am giving feedback on the new UI design which includes many new features. Maybe you do not want that kind of feedback.

I'm probably just overlooking it, but how do I delete the 'all tuners were in use' warning from the Schedule view? In the webui I can simply tap on that message and choose to delete.

From the web UI, delete the entry from the DVR > Schedule tab. Or wait a week for it to remove itself.

So I think the answer you're giving is that I am not overlooking it, and it's not possible to remove the messsge from the app, correct?

I don't currently have any missed recordings, so I can't be certain. But I don't believe the functionality is in the client.

I re-read your posts a few times to make sense of it. You are hoping that each time you hit "Save" after entering an IP address, that it would save it, almost like a "Favorite DVR" so you can build a list of them. Is that correct?

The Save button as it works right now is to save only the DVR that is entered at that time. Once you type in a new IP address and hit save it will overwrite the previous one. Multi-user isn't supported yet that I have seen.

So to @tmm1's point, you are not reporting a bug nor are you asking for anything related to the BETA in these last couple of posts. You are requesting a new feature that is not related to this current BETA build.

As the original post states: "Please put this through its paces and report back on any crashers or super weird things you see, and let us know how you like it and the direction Channels is going in!"

So I would suggest if you want to request a new feature, do that in the right spot and don't be condescending about it.

1 Like

WOW.... I am being a "ASS". Maybe you need to read about FORUM RULES yourself. I assume you are completely out of line.

Name calling is unnecessary and unacceptable. Please be civil.

Edited my post.

1 Like

New build out:

• NEW: New welcome screen

We've added a new welcome screen for helping when HDHRs and Channels DVR Servers are not found, and also for accessing while away from home.

Please put it through its paces and all the scenarios and report any bugs to the usual places.

1 Like