Channels 4.0 Beta

Nice work! Now could you do the same thing in the Kids section. This is what my screen looks like in that section. Probably because my kids mainly watch TV shows.

Not sure if I'm missing something, but can the "scheduled recordings" be added to the sidebar navigation? Personally, I look at that list fairly often, so it would be nice to have it in the sidebar, and not have to go to settings first.

1 Like

New build out:

• NEW: Match Content - output framerate is now matched automatically based on what is being played back
  • IMPROVED: Better swipe animations when managing content
  • IMPROVED: UI and bug fixes
  • FIXED: Video would sometime play in the background when choosing another channel from the video player on iOS
2 Likes

I updated server and client this morning. Everything is working well. I didn't notice any changes.

New build out:

• IMPROVED: Added a setting to adjust how long items stay in Continue Watching
3 Likes

Awesome New Feature. Thanks.

Will there be a feature to import TV shows as well. Similar to the “movie sources” but that will import in tv shows section?

1 Like

Yep.

When can we expect this feature?

There's no timeline set for it at the moment.

Looking forward to it - hopefully also pse- i'm not even going to say it else i jinx it

New build out:

• IMPROVED: Added a setting to toggle content matching

Content matching is no longer enabled by default. You'll need to enable it. Settings > Playback > Advanced

1 Like

New build out:

• NEW: New loading screen

I know it’s a small UI thing compared to the much bigger stuff you work on, but I dig the new loading screen. :grinning:

2 Likes

Lots of missing logos in new build

1 Like

This is an issue with the guide data provider and isn't restricted to just the beta. They've been notified and are looking into it.

I have had a problem on iOS recently in which the video player sometimes closes when I try to pause the video. However, the audio continues to play. It returns me to the episode screen, and if I tap the thumbnail with play icon or the Watch button, I can cause the audio to stop and start, but I cannot get the video to restart. Even switching shows, I only will get audio.

I have not been able to get this reproducible unfortunately but thought I might as well report it as it has now happened three times.

I've had the player on TV OS randomly crash twice in the past week. Once was during a TVE movie, last night was an OTA of the local news. Show stops and I'm back at the main TV OS screen. Program launches fine again. I have NEVER had a crash prior to this last week. Just wanted to make the devs aware.

What version number is shown in the app?

Not sure which one of us you are addressing but I am on 6.15.2039. The video player exited abruptly again and this time I tapped “Submit Diagnostics” while it was broken — hope this helps. I tried to tap “Submit Beta Feedback” but nothing happened when I tapped on it.