Channels 4.0 Beta

When it's ready.

Been hanging out at the SiliconDust Forums? :grinning:

Soon.

Like, real soon.

Channels Devs: Soon = This Month

SiliconDust: Soon = Maybe this Decade

3 Likes

Can we expect any of the previously discussed interface changes before the final roll out, or will those wait until the next major release (assuming they happen at all)?

1 Like

So then is "Real soon" this week? :rofl: :joy: :joy: :rofl:

The beta is available now so having an official release won't get you anything new :rofl:

Yep, I was just joking. But seriously, is the beta pretty stable at this point? And I assume its a separate install, so you get two apps on the Apple TV and can run the current version or the beta independently?

Yes and Yes

1 Like

Great, time for the Android 4.0 Beta :). Seriously have some ATV/Channels 4.0 Beta jealousy at this point.

1 Like

I just joined and now have to decide which version I'm going to show my wife to get her on board for Channels. It looks really great.

I would show her the beta. Not a good idea to have her get use to the current version and then switch things up in a couple of weeks (plus, the beta is better). Try it out for yourself first.

That literally made me laugh out loud

@Helios2 must know my wife. Never underestimate the influence of wife acceptance factor in stuff like this. :sunglasses: We have an Android TV in the bedroom and seems like that has the side Nav menu too, so will probs go with the beta.

On iOS. I turned on Kids in library settings. When I go into Kids in library it is only showing four shows and no movies. I have a bunch of shows and movies recorded that should show up as Kids. They show up in All. I just checked and the same occurred on my Apple TV.

In your Library, highlight the movie you want to show in kids. long press the Apple TV remote on the touchpad And select adjust visibility.

It’s not just one movie, it’s most of the shows too. I will try this though.

Ok, I get it now... got it all sorted by setting shows to Kids.

It's important to know that when Channels categorizes kids content for you the first time you turn it on, it's up to you to do it for all new content. So when a movie or show is added, you'll need to tell it what level of visibility it has in your library.

1 Like

This just happened again on my iPad with the current TestFight beta (7.10.1908) — video player closes and I can’t get it to reopen, but audio continues to play. I again tapped “Submit Diagnostics”. Have you been able to reproduce this? Is there anything else I can do to help get it fixed?