Channels 4.0 Beta

I notice that there isn't a way to sort movies by year ... am I missing something ?

That’d be by Release Date, or New Releases.

Love swipe to delete on recordings. I was looking at my scheduled recordings and since all sporting events are cancelled I tried to swipe left to cancel these as well. Might be worth adding to those as well to stay consistent.

I’ve been getting lots of lag using the Apple TV beta, but it seems fine in the web ui. The lag is a stutter for a second or so, so we only hear every other second or so. It was just on recorded shows, but it’s starting to happen watching live TVE. It seems to be okay with live OTA, but recorder OTA and recorded TVE seem to be affected.

@maddox can you also add a pin code lock option for settings? :pray:

On the Apple TV, in the "Recordings" category, shows that have been deleted, still show for quite a while. The Watch button takes you to the player, but then brings you right back to the menu. Hitting the Trash button also does not remove the items in question. I'm not sure how long it takes for them to finally be removed... long enough for me to check several that I had deleted... maybe about 4-5 minutes, then they all disappeared from the Recordings category at the same time.

The Library, TV Shows, and Movies Categories replicate a lot of the same options, but not always in the same manner, which can be a little confusing.

Up Next is only available in the Library Category.

Recently Recorded in Library is different than Recently Added Episodes in the TV Shows Category. They seem to be providing similar functionality, but are just presenting in a different way.

Recently Added Movies in the Library is the same as Recently Added in the Movies Category, but the New Releases is only in the Movies Category. A little in-consistent and slightly confusing.

Perhaps move "Up Next" from the Library to the "TV Shows" then rejigger Library to just have the links to the TV Shows and Movies Categories?

2 Likes

I’m a long time heavy user of Channels and I’m still confused by all these different categories too! I’d love to be able to turn them all off and just have recorded tv tab show all current shows I have recorded - where you click on the show and it opens to all the recordings you have for it.

Same for Movies - open directly to my entire list of movies with the options at the top to sort alphabetically, new release, or recently added.

It’s really confusing and way to much swiping and clicking to get there currently.

2 Likes

@maddox
Suggestion for On NOW on tvOS..... I have a hard time to quickly see which channel is highlighted by just the slight enlarging of the highlighted ICON. Can you also change the color of the selected ICON to stand out? That would be great thanks!

BUG: Sometimes when watching a recorded program, if I pause and FF ahead by 20-30 minutes it will just spin and never resume. If I back out and select the program again, it will resume at the correct point in the show, just not when initially FF to that point.

What do you have your Quality setting set to? Can you Submit Diagnostic Logs the next time this happens so we can see what went wrong?

Quality is set to original. It’s all wired Ethernet running off an Alienware Alpha PC with the recordings stored on a Drobo 5C. Average speed over LAN from the Drobo is 450 Mbps.

I’ll recreate it this evening and submit the logs. Thanks for the help.

One thing I see a lot now is when I play a program, the overlay stays up until I click the remote to make it go away instead of disappearing after several seconds.

Agreed. I just want it to open direct to the "More" or "All" menu. I go hunting to see what was recorded in the past week and can't find it. It's hidden under "More"

I've just released a new build:

• Improved: Local DVR and HDHR discovery handles manually input hostnames more robustly

This should not have much impact for most people, but for people who have used hostnames instead of IP addresses for manually connecting to a DVR it may improve issues that they have run into.

1 Like

More button display issues.

Thanks. That’s an old one. That whole view is going to be :fire:d

2 Likes

I just saw the new testflight app come out and read through the notes, and it said to make sure I"m on the latest pre-release server update. Where can I get the pre-release for the server? I'm running on 2020.02.26.0338 so if there have been updates that go along with the Channels Beta, i'm probably behind.

It's probably right here in front of me somewhere, but I can't see where to get the latest pre-release server update.

Okay, i had already clicked the 'check for update', and it said it was up to date. I then ran the curl command I found, and it said 'true', went back into the config page and it said 'waiting to update', so I then told it to update. I guess I didn't wait long enough.

Press-and-hold to change for checking for updates on the pre-release channel.