Channels App harmony remote problems (Sony Bravia TV)

I’m having an issue with the Channels App on my Sony TV which runs Android TV.

The Channels App always opens up to the menu screen where I have to select dvr, guide, settings, etc. When I navigate through the guide and select a program, there is no way to go back directly to the guide without first going to the main menu again and scrolling back down through the options until I get to guide. Is there a shortcut key command I can add to my harmony remote to bring up the guide directly?

Also, is there a way to make the guide loop? Once I get to the last channel in the guide, I have to scroll all the way back up through the guide to get to the first channel again.

Could you make a video with your phone showing the problem and email it to me ([email protected])

I just tried this with the Channels app on my Sony Bravia TV and the Sony remote. I went to the guide and selected a program, which started playing. When I push the back button on the remote, I go right back to the guide. Would you try this with your Sony remote?

Note: Using Channels Beta 103

I rebooted the TV and Harmony Hub I was using and everything is working correctly now. I think the Harmony was sending repeat commands. It’s been fine since I rebooted.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like