Channels Apple TV Stream & Plex DVR?

Is it possible to have Channels Apple TV used for live TV alongside a Plex DVR setup (only using 1 turner at most)?

I currently have the latest HDHomeRun Connect (2 tuners).

Sure. Plex and Channels will use the first available tuner.

not sure if they (plex) fixed this issue; but plex was only able to use one device at a time. So if channels was using all 3 tuners on a prime device that was also set for plexdvr use, plex would fail and not record anything even if there were other devices available to use on the network.

This was/is not a channels item since channels does correctly request and release tuners and use other devices that are enabled for it if one is fully in use… (channels works fine alongside WMC/SDDVR/sd software/DLNA/DTCP clients) that follows the tuner sharing API from SD…

As of March 30th, Plex still hadn’t fixed their issues with multiple devices. Failures are still being reported.

I started playing with Plex yesterday for sharing Movies and decided to play with DVR. Does not compare to Channels DVR in a number of ways.

When I first posted this I thought the Plex DVR only supported 1 of my Prime’s but I was wrong. I went back in and noticed it said both my Prime’s are supported. But have not really tested it much since I do not plan to use it. The Channels DVR is still far ahead of the Plex DVR.

I tried the Plex DVR and had to immediately stop using it. Wasn’t very friendly right now. Don’t like that you have to go onto a web page to schedule recordings.

I can confirm plex can record more than one show. it has been fixed.
However, their guide system is terrible and you cant set a recording from the app…

The issue was not that it cannot record more than one show… but that it can only handle one device. Example: A prime has 3 tuners. If all three tuners are in use by plex; or if 2 are in use by channels and one is already in use by plex; then the next item queued for recording at the same time will fail even if you have 2 (or more) primes on the network. Other DVRs and channels will switch to the next available device and record from that one.

The only way to allow all three tuners to be used by plex only is to disable the first prime from channelsdvr and channels app selections so that they do not use the first prime. BUT then you are wasting one of the best features of the SD tuner system: dynamic tuner sharing among multiple devices and platforms.

And it hasn’t been fixed. Plex devs keep trying to blame use of other dvr/live programs, even though they don’t even support live viewing.

My understanding re:cause is “at the time” when the recording schedule entry is made that Plex picks the device that will be used. If all tuners on that particular device are fully engaged at said scheduled time, then the recording will abort…