Channels Collection as Favorites / Top Shelf

Sorry if this has been posted before but haven’t been able to find a solution quite yet. I am looking to create a Collection in Channels Collection that will act as the “Favorites” across the server.

My example case I’m trying is I have a Channels Collection that pulls in Live hockey games. The channel collection itself works fine to pull live games into the guide, but I want it so that those live games will show up in the Top Shelf of the Apple TV. What combination of Favorite and Top Shelf setting should I try to make that happen?

You can make a new collection on the server called Favorites, then assign it to the client via server-side settings.

1 Like

Top shelf shows a few items from Up Next, and the Favorites collection.

This is where it gets tricky, heh. If you’re using Channel Collections, make one named Favorites. If you do this, Top Shelf will use that instead of the native Favorites list.

Use the setting under General > Live TV to turn off the provided native Favortites list from the collection list. Otherwise you’ll have 2.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.