Channels devs don't care about android

I mean are you asking them to sit on the apple release so they both come out at the same time? They both come out but in a staggered fashion. Kind of how android and apple phones are released. I guess there could be a solution to this issue. Just keep the apple in beta until android is ready. I mean it makes zero sense but then android users might not get upset. Heck, keep apple in beta a week longer than the android release. Then you can release the android first and then a week later release the apple version. I guess this makes everyone happy. apple people can just use the beta, and then android will be released the same time as apple next release.

1 Like

Apple gets buggy alpha channels. My Nvidia shield with THOUSANDS of video games (bandits collection) has stable, polished, 0 bugs version of channels dvr.

I feel you need to take a step back and look at what is available for Android. We have a powerful DVR client that runs on inexpensive hardware allowing us to have a reliable experience. If you are unhappy here, get a TIVO which you pay a lot more for and experience a company that dose not care.

I've had about the best support for any IT product for Channels and I had a 30 year IT career before retiring a few years ago. Complaints about the price are unrealistic and the fact that you have to wait for updates to trickle down to Android is simply the way it works. If you must have the latest then shell out a few bucks and get an Apple TV.

4 Likes

When it comes to performance and playing native TV MPEG files without transcoding Apple TV is the King. Android and Roku are second class in terms of their performances :smiley: But that's no fault of the developers.

I am so thankful to the great development team for continuing to make Channels DVR so great on the Apple TV!!!!

Don't sell the FireStick 4K MAX short as it supports more video formats and audio formats than the Apple TV. It plays MPEG2 flawlessly. for 1/3 the price.

1 Like

It's missing Ethernet :frowning:

1 Like

Has WFI 6. The WFI is great even with out WFi 6.

Everyone's situation is different. Construction and size of house and neighborhood, our Wifi sucks. I tried probably 10 different solutions but we are lucky to get 70Mbs. I've also used Ethernet for any device I have that has it. I have 1GB fiber and all of my Apple TV boxes, etc are direct Ethernet connection. WIFi 6 is not has good as Gigabit Ethernet :smiley:

You can get an ethernet adapter for 19.99 ... but I do not use it because the WFI on the Firestick 4K max is excellent.

How does that Apple cool aid taste?

1 Like

Ethernet from the client to the router isn't needed when you are getting 500 Mbps over Wifi.

Good one :roll_eyes:
*Kool Aid

A lot less than that $20 POS you keep hawking in every thread.

Stop trying to turn this place into Reddit. No one cares for your trolling little child. Grow up.

Wired is always better than wifi. Wifi is only half duplex, higher latency, and prone to interference. Is wifi just bad then in all cases? Of course not. However, when the option exists ethernet is always better hands down.

1 Like

Welp, this thread fell apart. Closing.

7 Likes