Channels DVR authentication to Hulu Fails | Captcha grayed out also

Yah, I did the same:

• delete the devices in hulu
  • changed password in hulu
  • upgraded to pre-release

I have not removied my Hulu from my Channels DVR and re-set that back up but I hear that causes problems. I THINK but not sure you may lose your recording schedules for them so I'm not sure I want to do that.

My channels has been down for days now...

In my case I did not lose any my recording schedule when I removed hulu and readded it as a source. There was a lag of over 12 hours between removing and adding back in because I removed it late at night and didnt get it added back until the afternoon of the next day.

In my particular case it was: remove hulu as a source, update to beta build, delete the devices in hulu, change the password on hulu, log into hulu in the web browser I run channels from (chrome on Fedora linux), add hulu as a channels source. After each one of the steps I was trying to add hulu back in as a source and I kept getting the "please enter the code we emailed to you" screen.

After I changed my hulu password I believe I logged in with the browser to hulu.com in order to answer the challenge page before I added Hulu as a channels source because I was pretty frustrated. So perhaps it was not a required step.

Ugh. yah, I've done all that. Pretty much in the same order. My wife and I are sick of changing our hulu password and entering it in all our devices or using the web to redo it. Once I do get it to work (haven't for a few weeks), it stops working after a day or so.

This is a deal killer for me and channels DVR :frowning:

I like the software so much but I can't get it to work

1 Like

Agreed. And I just renewed for another year about two weeks ago. I surely hope they are working on a way for us to enter the code :cry:

I am starting to feel the pain as well. I am now stuck like others where I have removed Hulu as a source because it was failing authentication and now I cant add it back as a source (unlike my post from a week ago).

I have updated to the latest beta build and I do not see a way of entering the code that got emailed to me.

2 Likes

If you are watching some of the entertainment stuff such as Hallmark, Lifetime etc move over to Philo.
I hat the app but love the TVE stuff. Nice and stable I tried Hulu Live TV and dropped it due to lack of interest.

I love Channels DVR but I use Hulu as my provider and CDVR just seemed to go dead with Hulu - it would work one day then I would have to struggle with it to work with Hulu and I finally cancelled in frustration. Is Hulu still a work in progress with Channels DVR? I would like to come back if it is working. Can anyone give me any positive feed back on the situation with Hulu not continuously trying to two factor authenticate the end user on every channel? Has that been solved? I did try using GoogleTV with Channels DVR and had good experience with them but GoogleTV does not carry the Discover brand channels ie The History Channel etc so it was of no value to me. I really don’t want to have to get Cable TV to use Channels DVR kind of a waste of money. Anyway any update about Channels DVR integration with Hulu would be most appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Actually I guess since I cancelled my Channels DVR subscription a while back because Hulu is two factor authenticating TVE users and CDVR can’t seem to get a fix for this is why I left and was back asking if it had been figured out as yet but your post says it all and it is a resounding NO! Oh well it’s not their fault but I can’t use it like that (nor can you.) Thanks!

Has been working flawlessly for me for many months.... Just out of curiosity, did you use the Hulu app on any devices? Or strictly use it with CDVR?

@troyhough I have NOT been able to get Channels to work with Hulu at all. When it started failing it was only once a month or so. Now, I can never get it working. I DO US the hulu app on 3 Android TV's in our house (same network).

I'm VERY Curious to know what you've done to make yours work flawlessly. If there is a fix on our side, I need to know. I did give up trying and was going to cancel my channels yearly because of this but I can still record 2 local OTA shows which I do like. So, I'm on the fence.

Please follow up.

Ed

I get between 5 and 8 days for HuluTV working with CDVR. I do also use the Hulu App daily to view things like NBC owned content I can't get with TVE.

I don't use ANY HULU apps on ANY devices. Just with CDVR exclusively. Not saying that's why it works but it does work and has worked 100%.

It seems to be working reliably on Mac and Windows where the latest Chrome is available.

We will look into updating Chrome on NAS installations.

No, it wasn't working reliably on Windows with the latest Chrome. That's why I had no choice but to abandon Hulu as a Channels DVR TVE tuner.

1 Like

I may be confusing with other providers. There was a major change in this build which uses some new Chrome features available in newer chrome builds.

1 Like

Great news! I re-added Hulu and it actually worked. It's been maybe over a month since I tried last. I made sure my chrome was up to date and checked for Pre-Release (which there was one).

The only thing that is strange is that I lost CNBC (which I watch basically all day in the background for financial news). It works in Hulu but not listed in the list of channels after a full sync.

I'll follow up if things start going south again.

1 Like

I believe NBC DRM'D it along with MSNBC and other NBC channels.

Edit: https://community.getchannels.com/t/nbc-nbc-sports-nbcu-networks-no-longer-available-via-tv-everywhere-providers/

Hmm. well if I go to cnbc and log in with my hulu account, I can watch it in a browser just fine.

So I go here: https://www.cnbc.com/live-tv/ and then use my hulu account and it works fine.

Ed

Yes, but it's DRM'd in the browser. Channels will not decrypt DRM because of the legal implications. That thread mentioned above explains all of this.

3 Likes

Things were fine with Hulu TVE for 15 days. Started failing today. It took about 3 hours to remove Hulu and get it working again with CDVR.