Channels DVR Beta crashing on ATV

Mine just crashed, too. I sent diagnostics from the app.

Latest beta has major audio popping clicking and out of sync when using experimental audio driver.

With what kind of speakers?

Also seeing frame drops on 1080P 60fps sources.

Harmon Kardon Atmos system fed direct from ATV.

1 Like

Hmm. Please try this one and submit diagnostics:

Audio on ATSC 1 is now normal. Audio on ATSC 3 is a mess and the video keeps speeding up and slowing down trying to get in sync.

Diagnostics sent

Spoke too soon. Audio on ATSC 1 is bad again. Default driver works fine.

I was just in a bedroom using a TV with built-in speakers, but using experimental audio driver, the broadcast I was watching sounded like the audio was clipping. Like sometimes voices are garbled slightly.

I just turned on experimental audio again on the same tv, and this made the audio hiccup and go silent this time. If I switch to a different channel, it hiccups again and then goes silent again. I just sent diagnostics if that helps. After the diagnostics sent, audio just came back and went away again. Defualt driver doesn't have these problems. It just works all the time without issue.

Thanks. I see what's going on with the ATSC3 channels.

Tried v2021.11.17.0130 and the audio issue is still there

17.0224 will fix the ATSC3 channels

Having popping on the latest testflight with expiramental audio. First time it happened. I haven't noticed it before this latest testflight

How about with this one:

Just tried. I had to force quit the app twice because it sounded like the sample rate was wrong. Sounded like digital trash. One I got that sorted out I didn't hear the pops anymore. That issue (digital trash) has been happening about once a day for a while. With this latest build it was real bad until force quiting a few times. I submitted diagnostics

Latest beta has fixed the ATSC3 video issue but not the popping audio. Still hear it on ATSC 1&3. Sounds like digital noise, like when you play a bad or scratched audio CD.

1 Like

Updated my last post, forgot some words. Typing too fast, too early in the morning.

I’m still experiencing crashes on the latest beta release, have been for the best part of a week now.

It seems to be when I switch from one channel to another. At first I thought this issue was Ltd to my ATV, but it’s also occurring on IOS.

I submitted log files at the point the app prompted to share details with the developer upon crashing.

At the moment I simply cannot use the beta release in its current state.

1 Like

Thanks we see the crashes coming from your device and are taking a look.

2 Likes

Can you submit diagnostics from the device that crashes right after you’ve had a crash?