Channels DVR Beta for HDHomeRun Premium TV

You guys might already be on top of this, but I thought I’d chime in and show you something that I found was recently added to the HDHR Premium FAQs page. It is basically a list of all the Networks that will be airing the west coast feed even in the east coast. This also might be what’s causing the On Now/Guide discrepancy (assuming they get their guide data from separate sources). Here is the quote:

Premium TV has two airing regions: East coast and West coast. The majority of America will receive the East coast feed. The west coast will receive the West coast feed. For everyone in the west coast, your feed should behave exactly like every other west coast cable provider. The people on the east coast will mostly see the same as other east coast providers, however, USA, FX, SYFY, Paramount Network, TruTV, Comedy Central, Discovery, TLC, Bravo, Animal Planet, MTV, VH1, CMT, Disney, Nickelodeon, and Freeform will all air at at their west coast time slots.
If you are grabbing your own guide data for use with a 3rd party, you will need to choose west coast slots for these channels. Guide data should be correct on the official HDHomeRun apps and any apps that have provided official updates with their own supplied guide data.

Thanks, we are aware of the PST-only stations and our guide data should be configured correctly.

1 Like

A new DVR pre-release build (v2018.08.22.1454) is available with the recording fix.

1 Like

Thanks!

It was, and on my iPad, iPhone, and Apple TV. I’ll check again when I get back from work and put up some screenshots if I see it again.

Excellent! Thank you!

Installed the latest beta build and after a quick test it appears the recording issue is resolved.

Thank as always for being so responsive and for such a terrific product! Channels DVR is AWESOME!

3 Likes

I just wanted to say you guys are amazing. I cannot believe the speed with which you address issues. Clearly you value your clients and I for one will be switching from the “P” word to you for that very reason.

5 Likes

This is pretty damn cool. It looks like the HDHomeRun Premium streams are all stereo-audio only, though. Anyone know if we’ll see a digital surround option like AC3 on OTA channels?

I’m not sure what their plans are, but from what I’ve seen all the channels are AAC and stereo. You should email [email protected] or ask on their forums.

Hi guys
You may already be on this but I searched and was unable to see anything about this specific issue. I’ve preformed the update (thank you!) and it works perfectly, however the Hallmark Channel (1458) seems to be showing guide data from the east coast timeframe while all the others are showing west coast time slots (which is correct for where I am located). Not sure if this is standard as of course the premium channels from HDHR are new, however it does show correctly on their guide (which is of course not as awesome). Can you clarify if this is how it is supposed to appear for west coast? Thanks so much.

Are you saying that their app shows different guide data than our app? Which one matches what is actually on the channel?

If you open https://www.silicondust.com/premium-tv/ and scroll down to click Timezone Chart, you’ll see that 1458 HALL is listed as a National channel with the same feed for both Eastern and Pacific users.

Thanks for the Timezone Chart link, Agree that is does state National for both. You asked about their guide and for example right now their guide shows a movie titled “Stranded in Paradise” as on right now in my time zone (west coast) which is correct. The Channels app shows a move titled “All for Love” at my timezone and “Stranded in Paradise” starting at 2PM in my timezone. “All for Love” is already over and “Stranded in Paradise” is currently playing.

Okay thanks, that’s helpful. It looks like we’re using the PST guide data. I’ve fixed it and will let you know when the next pre-release is ready for you to upgrade.

Thanks and like everyone is saying you all are the best!

2 Likes

Any idea when you will put the beta in production? I am I interested in playing with this but going out of town on Friday and don’t want to mess up my wife’s normal DVR usage.

Might be a week or two, there’s a lot left that we want to do so the demo/premium channels integrate really well.

New pre-release (v2018.08.22.1913) is available now with the Hallmark fix.

@tmm1

Updated to latest pre-release build. Attaching screenshots. Maybe this isn't a problem... The errors still show in the log, but the DVR status seems to indicate they are recording now. I'll let you know after the recordings end if they are good. Would think if a turner is full and one is found on another device it wouldn't be an error. Only if there are NO tuners capable of recording would that be an error.

Update: All shows recorded and are in library. So while the ERR messages are there, everything seems to have worked.

Downloaded and installed. Issue resolved for Hallmark time zones for west coast… thanks!