Channels DVR Docker, and proxying with Traefik

I evaluated Channels DVR last summer and wanted to revisit it, this time with Docker and proxying through Traefik.

I'm not using the host network mode since I am not worried about bonjour discovery and wanting to use the Docker network to allow traefik to handle/proxy the request.

When I initially setup to use Traefik and visit the admin area via my locally defined dns (channels.xxx.com) I received an error message stating that I must use an IP to access. I got around that by setting up the server with the host networking and then switched it back to the docker network. Then I received a message about authorization code and once I enter it, am able to connect. When I try to connect to it via the app, select "At Home" and input the same domain, it cannot see a running server.

I've also tried the force auth header: traefik.frontend.headers.customRequestHeaders: "X-DVR-ForceAuth:true"

I've also reviewed Cannot access DVR server from iOS app behind Traefik reverse proxy and VPN, but can from the Web UI at the subdomain where the DVR server is without success.

Anyone have any luck with a similar setup?