Channels DVR freezing up on

I am having problems with Channels DVR version 2021.04.20.2324 running on Windows 10 freezing up while watching any m3u custom channel on my Nvidia Shields and it doesn't matter which one it is but after about 10 minutes it just freezes and clicking play or ff or anything does nothing. I have to go back to guide and then click on the channel again to get it to start playing again. When I watch a TV Anywhere channel it doesn't do this. This started about a month ago or so I think. It doesn't do it on recordings of custom m3u channels only live and when I use a player to play those same channels live like vlc the channels also play fine live it's just when playing though Channels DVR it freezes up. I've tried changing it to play using hybrid and also software and hardware but none of it makes any difference on my Shields.

Submit diagnostics from the player app after the freeze

Okay so I tried one last thing just for the heck of it which was to change Channels DVR on my Shields from internal storage to external storage used. Internal storage says it has 2.9GB free while my USB external drive has 235GB free and so far it is not freezing up so I guess Channels must have been putting the live buffer on the internal drive and when it would run out of space it would lock up. I thought it would be using the DVR drive that I have set on my Windows computer running the server software for the live video feed buffer. That's why it was playing the recording shows from my custom channels m3u streams just fine the recording which are not being buffered on the Shield but just a small amount from the DVR drive on the computer the server is installed on. I switched Channels DVR back to internal drive on my Shield for storage and it locked up again around 30 minutes into watching live so I was off on the amount of time. I submitted the diagnostics.