Channels DVR not deleting recordings

I have channels DVR set up to record and keep 1 watched and an unwatched item's up to last 3 only, yet I have 5 recordings from the last 5 airings. Two of those should be deleted. I'm not sure why it's keeping these two recordings that it should be deleting. Any ideas?

Can you submit a screenshot of your pass settings? There's no way to limit to a count of unwatched and a separate count of watched.

The options can be confusing. Show us your setting and I can help explain it better.

Sure, see attached. The weird thing is that the 5 recordings were all unwatched. My understanding is it would keep 3 unwatched and 1 watched based upon the settings. I had to manually delete two of them.

I have a similar setting. In my case it keeps one Watched and ALL UnWatched, just as expected.
I have to ask @goaliebob99, did you have existing recordings prior to configuring the settings?
My understanding is that new settings will not apply to existing recordings.

Your setting is set to keep all unwatched, and only 1 watched. So it purges all of the watched recordings except 1, and keeps all unwatched.

Those options are all independent. They're not a combination.

What is the last 3 only? You have made this extremly confusing when it doesnt need to be.

It should be as simple as I want to keep the last 3 recording regarless if they were watched or not. The way it reads to me is It should only keep the last 3 unwatched, and if I have watched a program it will keep that one as well. If I watch any of the unwatched, then the watched one will be deleted.

Why would I want to keep all unwatched for news programs, the content is outdated by then, thus I wouldnt watch it regardless. The same can apply to sports programs and games.

No, I dont think so.

It’s confusing mostly because they’re presented as separate options.

In the client apps they’re all presented as 1 option.

If you only ever want the last 3 episodes of a show, then you use that select box. Again, they’re not coupled as a single option. Each box is set of options. It’s all one setting.

Check it out in the apps and I think it will be more clear.