Channels DVR - Pictures of a Power User Install

The problem with the AC Pro (if it's the model I'm thinking of) is that it is no longer supported by the UniFi controller. You can still use the 5.6 LTS series of the controller with it; however the current 5.10 release will not work with them.

(The hassle of maintaining 2 separate UniFi controllers is the reason why I upgraded my APs to the current line. The older AC Pros that are no longer supported are the square-shaped APs. The current line of AC APs (including the Lite and Edu) are all round/disc-shaped.)

1 Like

Thanks! The antenna isn't all that big. Not to me, anyway. But I grew up with rooftop antennas on every roof :slight_smile:

I'm wanting a managed switch so I can segregate my network traffic and isolate the IoT devices.

Yeah... I didn't like the whole "controller" thing. EnGenius has the capability, but also allows simple web-based configuration. For a simple one-AP install, that made more sense to me.

I dunno... <takes a quick look on eBay...> Looks like they're averaging around ±$90 + shipping for used ones?

Nah, mine's one of the new disc-shaped ones.

I was thinking about it, but I shouldn't buy it. I would have bought a used AC Pro if I didn't already have multiple AC Lites, which already perform perfectly for what I need them for. Maybe someone else here will PM you though.

's all right. Like I said: It's been sitting here, getting in the way, waiting for me to factory-reset it, take some photos, box it up and list it--for about... <looks...> oh... hahaha! Seven months. Guess I should get to it :slight_smile: