Channels DVR + Remote + additional local tuner

New to channels after repeated frustrations with Plex. I have an unusual setup here as I have an HDHR Prime in the US, and TVE accounts with Comcast, but currently located in the UK.

I setup the server in the US, and can connect to it, and it seems to be working great. I also have a HDHR Duo here in the UK connected to an antenna, and Channels detects that and lists the channels in the guide as well, which is pretty awesome.

BUT...I can't seem to see if there is a way to setup guide data for the UK channels, additionally clicking on any of the UK channels results in a "playback failed" screen.
Do I need to install the server software on a pc here in the UK as well?

Which Channels app and platform?

Fire stick. Have the plus subscription.

1 Like

Thanks. This is probably a bug in the Android version. Can you submit diagnostics from the app

I did do the submit diagnostics in the app under video player.

Any thoughts on the guide data for the UK tuner as well?

Can you submit another one under Video Player immediately after the playback failed error

Just did it.

1 Like

Just and FYI, I just tried setting up a server here in the UK and it fixed the UK channel issues, but then the US channels stopped working too. The guide data disappeared and the US channels would not play anymore.

1 Like

It sounds as if you are attempting to use a remote DVR server (for US networks and TVE) coupled with a local UK OTA tuner. I'm not sure that is a supported configuration.

(Also, TVE sources are only supported for US locations/customers. A few Canadian networks may support it, but it's pretty much limited to NA.)

The app can only be connected to one dvr at a time.

The local HDHR + remote dvr is supposed to work but you are hitting bugs which cause guide data and playback to fail.

Just thinking out loud since I don't use the android app, but can you disable the UK HDHR in the app and then just connect the app to the DVR server you want to use?

I just tried with the iOS client and it appears that manage sources is global, no matter which dvr you connect to. I have one dvr setup with TVE only and the other with an HDHR Prime only. Thought by disabling the HDHR Prime as a source it would still work using the dvr to view with tuner sharing enabled. It doesn't since there's no guide or on now when the HDHR is disabled.

I've uploaded a new beta build of the android app which should fix the streaming issues from the local HDHR. Guide data will still not appear. I am looking into that.

Hi, any luck with the beta?

Sorry, missed the message and didn't try it until today.

On my 4k its still giving the playback error, I sent the diagnostics.

On my non-4k firestick I get an error that its unable to parse the package and wont install.

I wanted to chime in here. I'm also getting the playback error.

For some reference, I recently moved to a new house and I haven't moved my Channels DVR to my new house yet.

So old house is running the server with an hdhomerun and tve access.

I'm at the new house with an antenna and hdhomerun set up.

Both houses receive the same channels as they're in the same area.

So what I would like to do, is to be able to access my DVR from the old house for tve access, but use my antenna at the new house. At the moment, I have to stream the antenna from the old house as well.

Could you submit diagnostics after the error?

Sure, from the streaming device?

Submitted from my ATV device.

Also I even tried disabling the hdhomerun from the original house, no luck.

The TiVo doesn't log correctly.

Can you open http://192.168.1.76:57000/log while the playback error is shown and then copy/paste what's shown

E-mailed to you.

1 Like