Channels DVR stops recording

I upgraded my server to Ubuntu 20.04 and since that time I am seeing issues with recordings. I have an active support case open but thought I would post here as well to see if there are any other users are having the issue or if they did and solved on their own.

ld-2.28.so shows up as defunct when the problem presents. I assume it is related.

Run:

apt-get install chromium-browser

This is a headless server. Would you please explain what the intention is here? Is there a dependency missing?

The TVE feature is powered by headless chrome. The bundled version is too old for your new OS and causing issues. If you install the Ubuntu package it will be used instead and should fix your problem.

Thanks for the explanation. I have installed the update and had to restart the service. I will advise when/if the problem occurs again. I am thinking it might have been tied to the schedule of one of my TVE shows. I only have the one scheduled.

1 Like

As an update, this does seem to resolve the issue. I expanded my TVE recordings and have not had any more instances of the problem.

2 Likes