Channels iOS is AWESOME! I'm going to buy an ATV4 just for Channels ATV!

Hello,

Hardware: Mac Mini, Macbook Pro, iPhone SE, iPad Air, Two ATV3’s, HDHomeRun Connect, HDHomeRun Dual, handful Raspberry Pi’s running Kodi

Software: EyeTV, Plex, MythTV. HDHomerRun’s native apps, Kodi, InstaTV, Channels (obviously) :slight_smile:

For years, I’ve mainly used EyeTV. Sure, the streaming isn’t always all that great, but it works for recording and for the a while it was really the only option with iStuff. Not any more! Just started using Channels (iOS) a few weeks ago and it is great. The only feature I’d love to see is for it to have a native ability to use remotely. I’m using Plex and the HDHomeRun Viewer for that and it works decently enough. I only tend to use EyeTV to stream already recorded content remotely as, everyone knows, live TV streaming is finicky with EyeTV. I see some folks have done some VPN stuff to get Channels to work remotely. More work than I want to do. I don’t suppose its possible to just forward some ports to get it to work remotely? Anyway, I’m content with the Plex solution, but keeping my fingers crossed this will be added to Channels in the future.

Anyway, it (Channels) is still a wonderful program! It is great that this type of software is FINALLY starting to really become mature and there are more options than just EyeTV. Can’t wait until everything really is all seamlessly merged together: Live TV, scheduling, playback, notifications, etc, etc! Cool stuff. I’m just trying to get the most out of all this hardware.

1 Like

Cool, thank you for the update that just got pushed out! “Use with multiple tuners” is something I wish all the “other guys” would also add to their apps. So the app can just use any available tuner without stomping on each other and you get the dreaded “Not Available” screen.

1 Like

I also use a Tablo for recording but it is unexceptable for live tv. Also looking forward to the channels dvr.

2 Likes