Channels - Library collections

I discovered the library collections in Channels today. The standard library is such a disaster that I refused to use it. Emby and Plex were so far ahead of Channels in this area that it wasn't funny. The collections feature is now actually making the feature usable. Who the heck thought that the best way of organizing a library before this was by:

1. Recently watched
  2. Recently added
  3. Recently updated

Collections finally makes it usable. So I've been organizing things but have issues getting matches for some anime series and other older shows. I'm used to finding things in thetvdb.com. What is Channels using for its episode/series descriptions? Is there any way of using thetvdb.com?

The idea behind this to help you find what you might be looking for, faster. If you’re trying to get to a show, it’s likely that it’s one you’ve recently watched, or a new episode was added recently, or it’s a new show added to your library.

These TV Shows and Movies sections are meant to be summary views to surface things easier.

Right under the first row is a button to get to all of your shows where you can filter them in many ways.

You can also turn off Enhanced Browsing and the All views are what you’ll get at the root of these sections.

I guess we'll just have go agree to disagree on how well the old system worked. I'm 100% behind the collections feature though.

How about the indexer that is used? What's it pulling data from if not thetvdb.com for TV Shows

Our main guide data provider, gracenote. But we’re working on unifying things to be able to get other providers. But it’s going to be a lengthy project.

Anime certainly is problematic, and we’re aware. This is mostly because gracenote, as a normal live tv guide provider, doesn’t have a big dataset for that genre.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.