Channels missing in guide but picked up in HDHR scan

I recently installed a HDHomerun prime to use my Verizon FIOS service. I am using an ATV 4 with the Channels App. I watch a lot of soccer channels so I checked to verify that I was getting all those channels. I noticed that FS2 HD was present but FS1 HD was missing. I checked the lineup from the HDHomerun scan and noticed that both channels were present in that line up. FS1 SD was present for both scans. Any Idea what I need to do do get FS1 HD in the Channels line up? Thanks.

Is the channel showing up in the app without data, or not at all?

Try going to Settings tab, click and hold the HDHR and select Refresh Device.

If just the guide is missing, you need to email [email protected] with your HDHR ID and missing channel numbers.

Thanks for the quick response. The channel is not showing up at all. I just noticed that when I try to access the FS1 and FS2 SD channels, I get an error saying channel is DRM protected but I can get FS2 HD without any issues. Isn’t that weird?
I performed the “Refresh Device” per your instructions but channel still didn’t show up. I’ll send an email to SD once I identify all the missing channels (If there are others).

Check my.hdhomerun.com to see if the channel appears on your hdhomerun’s channel listing. The channels shown in the app should match the ones shown on the device.

Ok.Thanks. Now it’s showing up in Channels guide. I’m getting DRM protection warning though. I guess I’ll have to use the HDHR View program to watch that particular channel. Is there a way of jumping directly to a channel in the guide? What is the easiest way to search for programs?