Channels Mobile Phone vs Android TV Detection

Is there a way to force channels to Android / Google TV mode in the app.

An app that comes to mind that can do this is "Surfshark" You can force this app to desktop mode with an easter egg in the "about" section. similar to dev mode you just click 3 or 4 times to toggle desktop vs mobile. A great feature for zidoo users whether intentional or not.

The reason I ask is that Zidoo Media Clients work on Android OS9 and will never be upgraded. Tivimate works fine in desktop mode regardless of the OS. When you install Channels on the Android 9 OS for Zidoo it always detects as a Mobile OS which works very poorly with a remote control in mouse mode obviously without touch screen capability.

There are quite a few Zidoo / Dune media client users out there , both which are tied tightly to the Realtek SOC and run Android 9 at least with their latest models. It may be very simple to force mode with a way I am unaware of, but I have experimented with apk cloner and have not figured it out to date.

Thank you for your continued support. One more platform with compatibility would be great even if it took just a small tweak or toggle. to force android tv / google tv mode.

The way our app is built it's not possible to add a toggle.

There are some solutions which can take our apk and make a TV only apk

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply. Can you recommend one of them , even if not free. Curious to explore further.

I looked around and found this: