Channels not playing 4K content well?

Hey guys. Since switching over from Plex, last night was the first night that I played any 4K content on Channels. This was a BlueRay DVD Rip that looked amazing with Plex and my current setup. While watching the movie through Channels, the colors looked horrible, and black was extremely washed up. Does channels officially support 4K playback? If so, am I missing something?

I have a similar question. I'm using Telly to get my satellite channels into Channels. There are two 4K test channels (4K, SDR, HEVC encoding) that stutter quite badly in Channels, yet play perfectly fine in VLC. Is Channels able to handle high-bandwidth, high-resolution and/or HEVC playback?

10bit HEVC playback isn't quite supported at the moment, especially HDR graded videos. They'll playback, but as you saw, the colors are not correct.

Reminder that imported videos is less than Alpha and not even considered a feature at this moment.

2 Likes

Thanks for chiming in on this. Understood, at least I know that it isn’t a problem with my setup. Are there plans for supporting such content in the future?

We wouldn't be a great solution for movies if we didn't support HEVC + 4K + HDR.

It's definitely in the plans!

3 Likes

That’s great news. Your Live TV & DVR implementations are top-notch, which is why I made the switch. Anything else is just a bonus. Great to watch this platform evolve.

and match contents frame rate.....

1 Like