Channels on HD Homerun OTA that are disabled are still showing up in Guide

I have disabled channels in two sources, one being Dish and the other being the HD HomeRun, but the disabled channels continue to display from the source of HD HomeRun OTA, but are gone from Dish, they do show to be disabled on the HTTP HD HomeRun OTA interface.

1 Like

Are they disabled in the app itself? Clients maintain their own independent list of channels.

Yes, they are disabled in Settings>Source>"Source Name">Manage Lineup. Works fine from the source "Dish", but not "HDFX-4K" which is the HDS Homerun.

What device is this happening on?

The HD HomeRun OTA "HDFX-4K" is having the issue

What device is running Channels app

It is a FireStick, I did add a new Firestick (2nd Firestick) and it worked fine, the channels were not there. I went into Channels and removed the original FireStick (1st Firestick) from Clients and it came back with the channels. Both of these FireSticks are on the same Amazon account so I let it just add all the apps during the Amazon account FireStick setup. I am going to go back and delete the Channels app off the FireStick and reinstall to see if the Amazon duplication is causing an issue.

Just stop the app and clear the data no need to uninstal.

It appears the problem is with Child accounts on the Firestick.

That happens because the HDHomeRun units do a periodic background channel scan and the apps will pick up some channels during that scan.

It looks like on the Firestick that you can clear the data for the Channels app as a regular user and then on the child account you cannot clear data so you need to uninstall Channels in that profile and then reinstall and the issue resolves itself.