Channels on NAS and Windows PC?

I have Channels DVR installed on my MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS. Can I also install the Windows server version. I checked out the Android app which says it will work on Windows 11, but the Amazon App Store charges $25.00 for the app. I am already paying for a subscription, I have no desire to shell out another $25.00 for an app to have access to Channels from my PC.

You are confusing two different apps.

"Channels: Whole Home DVR" is the free client that is be used with your paid subscription. "Channels for HDHomeRun" costs $25 and is a front-end client with none of the DVR capabilities that is just used as a way to access HDHRs. You do not need to ever buy it.

Now, the reason you are not seeing the free one in the Amazon App Store on Windows 11 is because of this:

In the meantime, you can sideload it after downloading the APK, if you are comfortable doing something like that. You could also sideload the Google Play Store and then get it from there. Either would work.

You can install multiple instances, but you can only access one of them remotely. Also, you are going to have other issues. There are many topics on these, so please search for forums. For instance:

2 Likes