Channels on QNAP

Hi, I've been using Channels for quite some time, mostly on Docker, but just got a new QNAP NAS and want to move it there. I added 32 GB of RAM to the NAS as I also want to be able to run VMs on it. I saw the note about changing the port so 8089 does not conflict, and I've found the page where it appears that it will let you change the ports, but when I click in the fields and try to change it, nothing happens. It does not accept my input. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I tried in both Safari and Chrome, but those fields don't accept my input in either browser.

You may need to stop the VM software first?

When I stop it (via the App center), I lose access to that page. I've not figured out a way to get back to that page without Starting it again.

Virtualization Station itself has to be running. But are you running any VMs already?

No, I've not installed any VMs on it yet.

I'm not sure then. I just tried and I'm able to type into those fields, and as soon as I do the Apply button on the bottom right turns white and allows me to save the change.

I'm running QTS 4.4.3.1354 and Virtualization Station 3.4.4, if that makes any difference.

Perhaps I need to add a VM first? Wouldn't think so, but I'm sure I've seen stranger things.

I don't have any VMs. I can try upgrading my QTS

Added a VM, but it still won't let me change these settings...

The same thing is happening to me now after I upgraded to 3.4.4

Ok, so Iā€™m not going crazy... sounds like a bug or intentional behavior change...

Does sound like a bug. Maybe email QNAP support? I'll look into any workarounds today.

I reached out to them already - I heard back from them and they have been able to recreate the issue. I sent them my logs, as requested, so hopefully they can get it fixed relatively quickly.

1 Like