Channels on Synology NAS not working

I recently got a DS1621+ and installed Channels on it. It was working fine, but within the last few days or so, I noticed it was no longer working from a client. I took a look today and found that it is actually running. The web interface is up, and I can see recordings listed. It doesn't see my tuner (I suspect I didn't plug it in when I recently moved a switch).

When I try to connect from a client, it doesn't seem to automatically discover it. I put in the IP of the NAS and the client just goes "Connecting", then "Scanning for sources". If I put in an IP not running Channels, I get the message "Channels DVR Server was not found at" that IP. When I looked in the web interface for clients, I see my clients showing recently connected ("now" for my iPhone), but it doesn't work. So, the server is seeing my clients. Is this failing just because it can't find a tuner? Or is there something else wrong?

I'm running DSM 7.1-42661 Update 1.

And so what happens when you plug the tuner in to the network so the dvr and clients can see it?

Maybe clients can't use DVR's without sources and clients also scan for tuners on the network.

Since there are two versions of the app, Channels Whole Home DVR app which requires a DVR subscription and Channels for HDHomeRun which works without a subsciption, I'm not sure how each reacts.

Do you know which of the two apps you're using?

1 Like

I'm using the DVR app. I found the missed cable for the tuner and plugged it in - tested and it was working again fine... So, nothing to see here.

The issue you had could be a bug.
I would hate for clients not to be able to connect and play recordings from the dvr because my tuner went out.

My tuner died awhile back. Only way I noticed was recordings stopped.