Channels over VPN not loading guide?

Apologies if this has been asked-and-answered elsewhere - I’ve looked but didn’t see anything obvious.

I have the Channels app loaded onto my iPhone. When I’m inside my house and connected to the local wireless everything is fine.

I’ve set up a VPN from the phone to the house ADSL router (Draytek 2860) which puts the iPhone onto the local network directly - there’s no NATing going on.

However, when I connect via the VPN I’m only getting the first 2 or 3 hours of the guide…scrolling forwards never loads any new information.

The VPN is correctly setup from what I can tell - the phone connects and correctly receives an IP address from the DHCP pool on the internal range (10.1.1.x in my case).

If I instead connect to the web interface on (http://10.1.1.2:8089/admin/guide/grid in my case) then everything works ok, it’s just the app that seems to have issues.

I’m guessing that the router isn’t passing some sort of traffic correctly, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? It’s not crucial but it is odd, and I’m curious :slight_smile:

Many thanks.

The DVR uses bonjour for discovery, which doesn’t work well over some types of VPN.

You could instead use the remote access feature built into the DVR.

Good to know. Thank you.