Channels refuses to let me create pass

What’s going on here:

1. Open channels iOS app (iPhone 15 pro)
  2. Tap search button
  3. Type “the daily show”
  4. When the search results come in, tap the first item (the daily show in Comedy Central)
  5. On the daily show screen, tap “create pass”
  6. Click the “create pass” button at the bottom of the file create pass screen.

Result:
Create pass screen “shakes no-no” and refuses to create a pass.

Expect:
Pass is created to record the daily show with default options.

Thanks, we’ll check it out.

Much appreciated. I’m having the exact same experience on the Apple TV client. When found via search, creating a pass gives me the “shake no-no” motion (what’s that called?) and will not save. Creating a pass by finding The Daily Show in the guide works just fine.

1 Like

Did you previously have a pass for The Daily Show? If so, I wonder if this has to do with a changed/updated series ID. I personally just tried to create a pass for the show, and encountered no issues, so something wonky somewhere is most likely going on.

(Sometimes when a show is "rebooted", even if it's still the same show, the series ID changes. This change sometimes occurs even up until shortly before broadcast; I seem to recall the same thing happened with Good Eats on Food Network, and to State of the Union on CNN when they added Dana Bash as co-anchor. In both of those situations I had to create new passes; I wonder if something similar is going on here.)

It’s a good guess, but that’s not the problem. I don’t recall it I ever had a pass for The Daily Show before on Channels, but I don’t think so. In any event, I tried to create a pass for Seinfeld via search and got the same “shake no-no” reaction as well. And I know I never had a pass for Seinfeld. So it’s really any show discovered via search. I also tried college basketball. Same result. Basically I cannot create a pass via search for anything.

1 Like

A shot in the dark: do you have any sources using XMLTV guide data, rather than the Gracenote data provided by Channels? And do you have more than one source which may serve the same program, but use different guide data?

Without any actually detailed information, my WAG is that your client and server may have different guide priorities, and when creating the pass there is a mismatch. (I may be completely wrong, but ever since internet sources were introduced to Channels, issues with guide data and recording problems have increased exponentially …)

1 Like

I’m not seeing this either.

Please reproduce the issue and then submit diagnostics from the app after you experience the issue.

Diagnostics submitted. Also have a screen recording I can share if there’s a place to drop it.

1 Like

https://www.dropbox.com/request/XBZmu4iplK3OmoWa3f1K

Uploaded