Channels turns 5 years old!

Hey guys! Five years ago today, Channels first hit the Apple TV App Store. We didn't expect it to be as popular as it was or what it has become. But here we are.

We want to thank ALL OF YOU for the amazing support and help in getting Channels to be as awesome as it is. We couldn't do it without you.

We wrote a little post about it here:

And for fun, we created a little timeline showing our progress through all the years with an About page on our site. We even finally introduce ourselves!

27 Likes

Congratulations! The team and your product are awesome.

5 Likes

Happy birthday. Shows what you can accomplish when providing such outstanding customer support. Great job, here's to the next 5 and the 5 after that.

7 Likes

Crazy how nostalgic I’m getting over an app! I remember blogger Jeff Benjamin geeking out about the Channels app when it was first released and I was super interested in cord cutting but really wanted something that integrated into the Apple TV. When your DVR was released I was all in and man it has shaped the way I watch TV. It’s the #1 app I use on my apple tv and will stay in my top left corner for good! Best software devs in the business!

6 Likes

Congratulations to the team! Love the software and being part of the community. Here’s to many more!

3 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

Happy Birthday Channels app!
I actually bought my Apple TV and 1st SD tuner in Feb 2016 just to solve my single input desire. Have enjoyed every day since.

Upper left FTW!

3 Likes

Congratulations! You have much to be proud of!

2 Likes

Happy Anniversary

2 Likes

And for the 5th anniversary there will now be full native iptv support!? Jk jk - one can wish right?

In all seriousness - this app was the absolute game changer for us. It allowed us to fully get rid of the cable box and really embrace the “one remote for all media”. We can access everything on Apple TV - so it is the only device we have connected now. Your literally the father of live tv on Apple TV lol

2 Likes

Cheers to 5 years!

1 Like

As one of the early beta testers, I have to say congratulations to the entire Channels team. When I first ran across it, I thought.. "hey .. here's some crazy Apple TV based way to watch my HD HomeRun! That'll never last..." Was I wrong. The constant innovation, and eye on the customer has propelled Channels to the top of my most used app list. It's become an absolutely essential part of my TV watching.

3 Likes

Congratulations! I've been a happy Channels user now for over three years, and I still recommend it to everyone I speak to whenever they ask about home media setups. Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

2 Likes