Channels +

I signed up for channels + to try out the streaming features. But can’t figure out where to log in in the app to enable this? And which app?

You need an installation of Channels DVR server in order to get the benefits of Channels Plus:

I’m confused. In order to use the streaming piece I need dvr? What if I don’t need dvr capability?

The DVR server is required as it powers the streaming feature.

You can just by the app for $25 for live tv only

Without the Channels Plus subscription and an installation of Channels DVR server to connect to, the Channels apps will only be able to connect to local HDHomeRun tuners for live viewing.

Recording, remote streaming, and usage of (beta) TV Everywhere and Locast integration requires a Channels DVR server installation. In order to run, Channels DVR server requires an active Channels Plus subscription.

Got it. Is there anyone offering a dvr in cloud option or a way to install on an existing cloud compute / storage service?

I imagine you shouldn't have a problem installing onto hosted server. You may want to ensure that whichever plan you use gives you enough bandwidth.

It may install, but I'd think there would be auth problems related to geofencing for TVE and Locast due to the geographic location of the cloud server IP (that may also change due to load balancing, etc).