Chrome Capture for Channels

You can make a script to make it run in the background when windows starts. What adjustments to frame rate did you do? Should be 30fps, I mean it looks good for 30fps, but its not actually 60. I had some stuttering on 12 threaded ryzen 3600x, but only on youtubetv "espn 4k" which is actually 1080p on pc. I cancelled my trial so I haven't tested again

I set the frame rate to 60fps and also tweaked a few setting for the graphics card. Looks pretty good now compared to yesterday.

What script would I need to have it run in the background?

Of course, the other problem is the constantly wanting me to keep reauthorizing. I've done all the steps to mitigate that but still wants me to reauthorize. PROGRESS THOUGH!!

I'm running 8 core i7-7620X with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070. When I went to 60fps and made a few adjustments to GeForce Control Panel, everything smoothed out. The stuttering and pixelation I had went away

It's not actually 60fps, if you check the recording or go to info. It does look like it though, its a smooth 30fps. You should only have to auth once, it might do it again eventually perhaps.

To be fair, NBC is 1080i and so is CBS so you should be getting full speed on them, abc is 720p and many other espn channels (though m0ngr3l's Eplustv will get you more efficient access to them)

I'll do a test and see what the fps actually comes out to be. But, whatever setting makes it work, I'll take it.

As I hit record now to test, I hadn't closed anything up, but still needed to reauthorize.....
What script do I need to put in to have node main.js run in the background so I don't need to always open up CMD?

Yup, you nailed it, 30fps at 1080p.

Yeah hopefully someone who knows coding more than I can make it 60fps one day but until then we wait, but it looks decent, the major issue was the stuttering, but thats low end non optimized sub 8 threads (though 6 threads may be enough or a very powerful 4 thread machine)

If you have a windows machine just use task scheduler, you can have it run on windows start in the background.

1 Like

I can do that!!! Thanks

It worked! Thanks again. Keeping fingers crossed on the reauthorization issue.

Next hurdle, trying to get my local fox station....not holding my breathe on that one

1 Like

Yeah you can't get local fox, I got puffer to work with a custom script, but puffer only allows 500 streams, so no point in releasing it to the public. I can get local fox on attenae and directvstream. My abc affiliate is blocked too sadly.

I'm in a dead zone where i can't get fox on antenna. I have directv dish but that still will only give me a few Fox shows via channels. YTTV DOA too. If i thought sling or fubo would let it through, Id change up. I can get the scrdule guide and actually get up startup screen, sadly, screen is whie, no sound when running.

I set up a test to kick off at noon....failed. Authorization screen came up again!!! There must be a way to fix that of which I've missed! Guess I'll go back to beginning of thread and work my way down again and see if I did

it should save your login info.. each site has to login. fox, abc, nbc. its not all in one sadly.

Thats what all the info above says too. But its not for some reason

Also when you test, wait 20 min to see if there is stuttering

I've had video freezing (audio continuing) with NBC for cc4c since ever. I've used the default arm64 binary (Mac mini M1), the repo as-is, and the args from the two posts here.

Such a shame that TVE is gone for NBC. I only use one NBC channel.

Sadly your m1 is suboptimal m3 is recommended

Bro, m1 is going to struggle on this, even i7 and newer CPU struggle with 1 stream. It's very tough to run 2 streams no lag. My next rig will definitely be a xeon

There has been so much discussion in this thread lately, it's hard to figure out exactly what development has been happening, but I did want to share my experience running the repo as-is on my own Mac Mini M1 with 8GB of RAM. I repurposed it a while ago since it couldn't really keep up with my day-to-day, but it's been working flawlessly for streaming NBC local from NBC.com. After seeing this recent discussion, I had to try streaming myself for a long time today to see if I'm experiencing any stuttering, and I am not seeing anything significant in nature. When it first starts streaming from the browser, it skipped a little bit but smoothed out and has been fine since. I'm not doing anything different other than running the repo with a main.js that contains code to auto-click the mute button on Peacock live streams. I don't usually watch NBC this way because I have CableCARDs installed, but Channels will record from it on the occasion that my HDHomeRun is occupied on all tuners. That said, those recordings have been OK. When I saw the mention that it's struggling on an i7, I can't concur... my M1 has been chugging along fine. The one thing I did do with the M1 was make sure NOTHING AT ALL is running on it except for the CC4C code. I have a separate NAS running to handle the actual recordings. I'm using the M1 solely as a stream machine and I'm running the most up-to-date version of Chrome. If I can assist with any other details of my system, let me know. Just wanted to share my experience.

Thanks, I assumed that since someone else that had a M2 experienced some slowdowns. My issue with i5 was that every 15 min or so it would stall/lag out, but otherwise worked great.. the i7 has had better luck.

If you record any NFL/golf or what have you you are going to want my new .js file that allows NBC to continue playing.