Chrome Capture for Channels

We're talking full 30fps to 0fps with audio going on - M1 vs M2/M3/M4 soon isn't going to make a difference with the crappy NBC web player deciding to hang video playback on the browser on the direct console it's being played from. Nothing related to node/puppeteer/chromium/cc4c.

I have never had that issue. I only had light stuttering on i5.

Not sure you guys followed but m0ngr3l came out with a new docker that graps m3u and XML for cc4c for abc and peacock and potentially others. I am having issues getting mine to work though

I didn't see that... where did you find it?

If you have peacock or access to abc.com check it out and let me know how it works.

I haven't gotten it to work but it works for him, something isn't working quite right.

He may add live events like EPlustv works in the future if all goes well.

I did find it after replying earlier but I'm also having trouble getting it to work. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong... so I pasted the log code I'm getting.

I am not getting guide data, but the channels load great, so they are the right url. The guide data seems to be loading some, but far future and few and far between (not much data is pulled)

I have released NewChromeCapture 0.70 - it works with most sites including puffer, run the bat for pc, it will load the server and initialize it and its ready to go

I may use mouse click for abc, I am using tab now. The code is sloppy but it works somewhat. :smiley:

Odd issue Just picked up a Hisense U7 tv.......everythings looks Awesome on new tv came from a 5yr old Hisense Except CC4C refuses to load and i get garbage video BUT i do get audio.... fired up my Onn tv box and CC4C loads and works fine....Same Channels version on both Old tv non Onn box also worked

Any ideas??

2 Likes

I am not sure, I don't use android from the tv, puts a lot of pressure on the cpu, I just use a shield tv. Anyone?

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, you have a 1070? Why are you using the cpu at all? If this is windows go to the advanced gpu settings and force chrome to use the 1070 and try everything again.

Tried that. Not programmed to do that. It's thread dependent. Ideal situation would be a xeon with 32 threads or something wild

Ideal for what exactly? Record 8 shows at once? I think some of the discussion in this thread has gone to a weird place. It's pretty obvious what this tool is good at. That is mainly a single stream tool. I have mentioned my setup previously and i can get 2-3 streams going before I experience some issues. I use a dummy plug mostly to keep the chome window off of my main displays. Here is the only edits i have made to the node.js file:

(delete this, there may have been a pull for this already and i may have just never pulled not sure)
'--disable-notifications',

(add these to lines 50-52)

'--enable-accelerated-video-decode',
'--enable-accelerated-video-encode',
'--start-fullscreen',

(add this to 285, i do this so that the next run will get the fullscreen flag again otherwise it doesn't)
await browser.close()

(I added this to 323-324, i think this was from a suggestion from you earlier but not sure it actually works)

// Trigger fullscreen mode using the Fullscreen API
 document.documentElement.requestFullscreen(); // Pink highlight here

I am forcing chrome to use the gpu as you can see in this screenshot (this was playing whatever live fighting event is currently on prime video also to show you can stream basically any webpage):

I typically run this on my igpu,intel quicksync, but just to prove that you can force it to the discrete gpu i changed this to use my, slightly better than what you have, 3060.

I have no clue what the issues with your set up are, but that doesn't mean the way things are currently configured don't work in general for a majority of use cases. You previously mentioned a 48GB page file. How? I have serious questions. While running CC4C my browser only got up to 1.4GB of ram (700MB in the screenshot). If you are maxing out your ram you simply can't run chrome, it is a resource hog.

I've seen you in a couple of forums around here lately. I'm glad you're here. The more people engaging the cooler stuff we can create together. However, you typically go into a thread and try to get folks to change/do things the way you want them done and that is pretty unproductive.

For future visitors, this tool works. I have successfully used it to stream all of my daughter's high school bball games for my family that stream on nfhs which only allows a single stream per login. I have successfully streamed peacock nfl games, prime video nfl games, nfl network, nfl redzone, etc. If I were tmm1 I wouldn't change a thing. If this tool is not working for you I would suggest you fork it and make your own edits, or try any of the other tools in the forums.

3 Likes

So I built my own copy of this docker image so I could make some of the suggested adjustments but I still have this whitespace popping up at the bottom of the window for this weather emulator that isn't there if I open the page with just Chrome. Doesn't seem to be an issue with other sites I've tried chrome capture with so I'm trying to figure out what's special here.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get the chrome browser window to automatically close once you are done watching a channel? Every time I stop a channel that is playing through cc4c, the chrome browser window stays maximized on my desktop PC. It would be nice if that window automatically closed when you stop playing a channel. I’m using the windows .exe version of CC4C and have Windows 10

I agree with your commentary. I think we all want the same thing here, but I agree I should sit back and let you guys process it a bit, kind of intense. Perhaps I should post less, I just kind of got excited that we were really onto something like truly having an all-in-one solution to all things channels regardless of what kind they are. Not having to have multiple apps and just one for tv is the dream and I got carried away a bit.

I will play with the edits, my main mods are to get stuff like directvstream working, though its suboptimal and kind of recommended to use hdmi4channels for that. This is more for people who barely have access to tv through a shared login that want to be able to dvr shows on all tve sources drm and not.

yes. see my long rant above but essentially this

(add this to 285, i do this so that the next run will get the fullscreen flag again otherwise it doesn't)
await browser.close()

I removed some full screen functionality to make puffer work, these changes will break it so I need to do some code rewriting, but I will take these edits into consideration.

1 Like

How do I go about adding that line? I tried opening the .exe file in notepad but that didn’t work. Thank you!

You have to add it to the main.js file and then instead of running the executable run 'node main.js'.

When I originally setup cc4c I just simply downloaded the .exe file and then setup a script for powershell to automatically fire cc4c up when my computer would boot up (I have my PC restart every morning). Do I need to reinstall cc4c this way to be able to edit main.js

winget install -e --id Git.Git
winget install -e --id OpenJS.NodeJS

git clone GitHub - fancybits/chrome-capture-for-channels: Capture video and audio from a Chrome tab
cd chrome-capture-for-channels
npm install
node main.js

Yes